SUNKEN and SPORE spotted!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Gasmaskguy, Jun 28, 2008.

?

You like?

1. I like both!

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. They're OK.

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. I don't like them.

7 vote(s)
    21.2%

SUNKEN and SPORE spotted!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Gasmaskguy, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The title says it all! What do you think, do they look good? They appear to be 2x2 instead of the old 3x2 (that made more sense when it was 2D though).

EDIT: added what probably is the Sunkens' attacking tongue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  2. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    They look OK, but Ill wait until I see them in a bit more HQ picture.

3. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Nice find!

I like their initial design, but the thing in the middle of the Sunkun looks kinda weird.

May we see the full picture?

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
  5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Gas, you're on a roll today.

I don't care much for the designs (The Spore one especially, it looks like cotton candy), but it's nice having those buildings (Or are they considered units now?) back.

6. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    They are considered buildings (phase cannon was too).

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Lol, the Spore does indeed look like cotton candy. The Sunken appears to be without team color. Those are supposed to be teal Sunkens (based on their positions, they also appear to be tonguing purple Zerglings). A little weird. I voted OK, because currently they can be greatly improved.

8. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Nice find! Got a love that tongue coming out from the top and dropping in the creep. I always liked the councept.

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    They're okay. I don't know what I was expecting but I sure didn't think they would look like that. They're a lot smaller than I was expecting.

10. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    they look ok, i was expecting them to be abit bigger.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

sc2 zerg feels and plays pretty much like the sc1 zerg. im still dissapointed with the zerg at the moment.

i mean.

lurker, guradian, ultralisk, hydralisk, zergling, mutualisk. infestor. sunken spore. overlords. overseer. baneling. ok things.

only good new and exciting things are roach, queen, nydus worm.

terran got viking, jackal, marauder, banshee, reaper, thor. etc.

core attack units of the zerg is just so sc1 zerg.

i still suggest of removing and replacing some old core attack units with new ones or maybe just completely change the look and the name as well but with still some similar functions. just like the goliath is now the thor(which sucks) or jackal - vulture etc.

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I can't see how you, zeratul11, can be disappointed with the Swarm Guardian. It got exactly what you wanted to happen to such returning Zerg units. Remember in the Lurker thread where you said giving the Lurker a new model, name and stats would make it so much cooler and more interesting? And how it would keep you interested in Zerg gameplay? You even just said that some old units should be given new names, models, etc. Well that's just what's happened to the Guardian. It's been renamed, heavily remodelled, and its stats have changed fairly drastically, especially considering its new attack, so if you still consider it as just being an ok unit, but want old units to be redone, then you're a complete hypocrite.

The same goes for the Banshee. You hated it. Its model, its role, you absolutely hated it, but now you're considering it as a new and exciting unit for Terran. Seriously dude, make up your mind.

13. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i think what zeratul is trying to say is that he wants more new units for the zergs. Cuz the terrans and protoss have quite alot of new units.

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    But his proposed solution to it was to change the model and appearance of existing units.
    And this isn't the first time he's suggested it either. He also wanted the Lurker to be renamed and remodelled in order to make it 'more exciting' and make his gameplay as Zerg 'more enjoyable'.

This is what has happened to the old Guardian. They've completely revamped its model, renamed it, given it a similar but much more unique attack, and its stats will obviously have been made stronger as well, but this is one of the units he's complaining about and is saying needs to be 'fixed'.

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Those pics are out dated now. They're are now classed as crawlers, a spike crawler and spore crawler. They can only move on creep now.

I think the crawlers should spread creep, not create it but spread, so you can leap frog to an enemies base.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  16. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yes, Psi is right, that can be seen in some new videos that zeratul posted. They look much cooler than those now, really original and exciting!

17. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I'll be happy if the current build is using the Crawler buildings. Those sunkens and spores look just plain ugly.

18. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Creep Tumours are for spreading Creep, Crawlers are for defending. There are already tonnes of ways to spread the Creep, what with Hatcheries, Creep Tumours, Overlords, and bypass Creep, what with the Queen's Deep Tunnel and Nydus Wyrms, so there's no reason to make Crawlers spread Creep as well.

19. PsiWarp

PsiWarp New Member

Aiur
    Yes, Creep is becoming a huge factor in the Zerg gameplay, as if it didn't have enough credit in Broodwars. With Creep Tumors being able to reproduce themselves, and the Overlords' Excrete Creep ability... and now both the Spine and Spore Crawlers plus Queen (and Mutant Larva) move MUCH MUCH slower when off the Creep!

I just hope that the Crawlers get a graphical update soon, I don't like the ? tail of the Spine Crawler =/

-Psi

20. Blade

Blade New Member

Shoreline WA
    yes, the creep becomes more then "i need it to built buildings on" type of thing, now its more like "OMG i must have Creep NOW!!! must use Creep Tumors!!!!!"