Suggestions for Mutant Larvae

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by silverterite, Nov 24, 2008.

Suggestions for Mutant Larvae

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by silverterite, Nov 24, 2008.

1. silverterite

silverterite Guest

IN my opinion, the mutant larvae should mutate into 4 mutant zerg units. its like as if u were to biuld a building but u r actually making a unit that is different to the original zerg units. Also they cost +10 of the original units. Their HP should be less by 50% of the original zerg unit but strong attacks, ranging from +5 to +15.

Zergling made from Mutant Larvae= Scourgeling( flies to the air and exploding[similar to baneling but flies] pretty much like the Scourge from the original SC1.)

Hydralisk made from Mutant Larvae= Spinelisk (have visible and long, sharp spine on the back and shoots it on a longer range than before it was a hydralisk)

Infestor made from Mutant Larvae= Unclean (bigger infestor and drools acid so when it walks it leaves a toxic trail of drool when it is activated; but attacks by throwing up infested terran from its mouths)

Mutalisk made from Mutant Larvae= Devourlisk (similar to the model art of the swarm guardian but smaller/thinner that instead of flying it goes down to the earth and kind of "swims" just like how a nydus worm works before. Attacks by spitting acid from its mouh

What do u think of this?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2008
  2. Arvendragon

Arvendragon Member

Canada
    LOL! Scourageling (which way do u want to spell it?)
    Spinelisk
    Fiendling
    Scorchling (the same_

Why the lings?

They should have no air, and no connection to original units.
    But good idea.

3. Lombar

Lombar New Member

Buenos Aires
    lol
    I dont like it.. It'll make the zerg have way too many units

4. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Ummm I'd save it for Altered Starcraft xDD

PH3AR MAH ARMEE OF DEVOURED ONES BIATCH

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Blizzard actually talked about this kind of an idea in one of their Blizzcasts. The one that focuses on Zerg.
    The Queen was basically able to lay special eggs to morph into specialized units, such as Hydralisks that are extra strong vs. air. Problem was that it was hard to differentiate all the units from each other.
    "Omg are those Hydralisks gonna whipe my BC's away or pwn my land units? Goddammit now all my units are dead!"
    Another problem was that the Queen got too important, and balancing the Queens durability got hard. But if they made the special units less important, they turned unnecessary and dull.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  6. Vakarak

Vakarak New Member

away
    lol me 2

What about the stuff like "Hunter Killers" and the "Devouring Ones"

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Those are just buffed up regular units, we're talking about units that differentiate quite a lot in what they counter and what to counter them with.
    Also, Hunter Killers and Devouring Ones were only available in the campaign. I am pretty sure we're discussing multiplayer here.

8. Vakarak

Vakarak New Member

away
    No I meant to take them off Campaign and use those names for the buffed up units. Then put some REAL heroes on >.>