Suggestion/request regarding the article system

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by BirdofPrey, Jul 30, 2008.

Suggestion/request regarding the article system

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I was perusing the article section since due to popular demand I was planning on posting up the write-ups on all of the omnidiscussions I have done. What I saw was terrifying and appalling. There is absolutely no organisation whatsoever.

News on the state of Starcraft is mixed in with Karune FAQs and Dev interviews is mixed in with some nicely written articles regarding our opinion of different aspects of the game. What is the point of even having a database of old stuff if you can't find it? I don't see much of a point so I suggest something is done.

What needs to happen is for us to go back to something similar to when we were using before the switchover to vB where the articles all showed up on the front page when written but were still split into categories. Back then there were two sections: Articles and News. I propose we have instead 3 sections: Articles, containing the opinion articles such as the comparison between the Carrier and Tempest and the results of the Omnidiscussions, News, containing the recent news that has been happening at Blizzard regarding the state SC2 is at as well as notes of new items being added to Starcraft2.com, and Q&A, containing copies of Karunes Q&A's for easy reference.

Preferably each of these sections should also have some sort of organisation, preferably date, that way we can tell how up to date the information is.

2. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I totally agree.

3. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    /sign

yes it is chaotic when you look at them. and i dont think this would be two hard to implement

4. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I imagine that the only reason this hasn't already been done is because vB hasn't updated yet. The admin said the shop'll implemented once that happens, and I am sure he'll get around to the article organization around that time as well.

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Last time the admin was on he said he was busy but that was couple of months ago so I have no clue what's going on. Kinda gives me a feeling of abandonment.

Up until the time he mysteriously dissapeared minor changes were made every day.