Stim Pack Poll

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Shadowdragon, Aug 3, 2007.

?

Should the stim duration change?

1. More time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Less time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Same time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Much more time (2x)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Stim Pack Poll

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Shadowdragon, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon New Member

I heard a rumor that the stim pack time had been "adjusted". Lacking any more info than that, I decided to make this poll. Do you want a change in duration?

Personally, I hope they add two or three more seconds. Maybe the additional time could even be an upgrade. I would hope people would prefer that over a 10 hp boost...

2. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

hmm, i would like to see a stimpack with side effects, etc first u fire 50% faster for 10sec then u shoot 50% slower for the next..
    maybe alittle ajustment and it would be nice huh? 8)

3. DontHate

DontHate New Member

it's good as it is, but it does cost quite a lot of hp, so a little more time would be nice.

4. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I think the same length is fine.

5. TerranTemplar

TerranTemplar New Member

I think it needs more time, because as was said, 10 hp is a bit costly, but with medics it is kinda a moot point, But if you took away the slash at hp and did what LYJYL said, then i could also go for that too.

6. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

MArines should start vomiting blood after they have used them too much. j/k

7. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Why fix what ain't broke?

8. Sir_Wezlo

Sir_Wezlo New Member

The only time I use Stim Packs are for the marines and firebats in the bunkers, outside of that I rather have my army at full health. It's still useful but I'm mixed on wanting it either more or to stay the same.

9. Skylark

Skylark New Member

...How exactly would you stim-pack marines/firebats in bunkers? The only way you could do that would be to take them out of the bunkers during battle (which, call me crazy, sounds like a generally bad idea).

I think it should stay the same. Stim-packs are extraordinarily useful in a pinch, and even without medics, the cost of health is more than worth the effects. It's fine the way it is.

10. Sir_Wezlo

Sir_Wezlo New Member

Use it on them then put them in the bunkers, hell no I wouldn't do that during battle! Why in the hell would I do that during battle.

11. Skylark

Skylark New Member

But...it only lasts a short time (like, a few seconds). So, if you were to just use stim-packs and put them into bunkers, it would wear off way before enemies showed up, and you'd have effectively reduced the hp of your units and nothing else.

12. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    The effects of stimpacks on marines, taken from the Blizzard Offical website.

"Marines on stims benefit from greatly increased speed and reflexes, but are subject to long-term side effects including and not limited to insomnia, weight loss, mania/hypomania, seizures, paranoiac hallucinations, internal hemorrhaging, and cerebral deterioration"

13. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Insomnia lol....Like you're gonna sleep anyways when a Zerg force could be over the next hill....

Still, the best one is the Priest's pissed line in WC3

14. Sir_Wezlo

Sir_Wezlo New Member

Well you learn something new everyday... gonna go read that manual again to see what else I missed...

15. Stimpacks are fine how they are, with medics the health is immediatly replenished. The movement speed boost could have added duration though as that aspect of it doesnt seem that useful. you could stimpack at your base heal with medics run really quickly to the enamies base and stimpack again for rof increase

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I think the medic will have a slower heal rate and the stimpacks should last longer. Like the other guy said 10 health is alot for a marine... I don't get why the marines have faster firing rate though. Why don't they just hold down the trigger??

17. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

That's why. Even holding it down would apparently engage the capacitor....Which is odd, cause you watch the BW opening vid, the guy it just pumping out the shells.

18. burkid

burkid New Member

maybe he was stimmed ;)

well does that mean the capacitator automatically disables when a stim pack is used?

edit: wow i didnt realize how many posts ive had becaue of blizzcon. i completely missed 1234 and leet and didnt even notice.

19. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Na, he's saying it should....It currently doesn't.

Although, realistically, I'm sure they would have found out a way to disable the capacitor. Maybe that dude did.

20. Warsaw

Warsaw New Member

why should stims even take away hp from marines/firebats. you pay to research it and then you pay again to use it in the form of marines hp? cmon now. I take ritalin and concerta and my hp doesnt go down by 10 and also, it makes me super concentrated all day long not just a few second :thumbup: