starcraft2forum.org at search engines

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Aurora, May 1, 2009.

starcraft2forum.org at search engines

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    How can we help to improve the page rank of this site? Do we have to tag every thread with 'Starcraft 2' or something? Does it help to use Digg or other bookmark sites?

I just did a quick search, and google gives several other forums and sites first. Kinda logical that .nl -for my country- sites and wikis come first. However, we should be able to get above the armory, gamespot, incgamers and many others. -incgamers last beats us in a yahoo search-

So again: what can we do? Seeing an empty page with just the sc2 logo above our site... that pissed me off. It was called starcraft2.nl. I thought Blizzard buys every country code? Plenty of money. :s

Meh, probably nothing we can do about sites with the exact name. But we should be able to beat the other ones, though. Any ideas or suggestions?

2. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I don't really know what is the working method of search engines, but if I search for "starcraft forum" this site is the second in line.
    It sounds pretty fair to me :)

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Hmm, I searched for Starcraft 2, and it was somewhere on the second page. Meh, just forget about this thread then.

4. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I guess it is googles fault.. If I search for just "Starcraft 2" I get the same result as you...

5. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Well, this is also a news site, not just a forum. Kinda weird that it shows up below sites that only have trailers and stuff.

Maybe we should embed some more movies in the articles, if there is anything to show. That would also lead people here who look for that.

6. bralbers

bralbers New Member

North Carolina, USA
    Yeah i confirm what Hunter is saying, I found this site just by typing in starcraft 2 forums on google. The first one it gave me at that time was like scwire and the second one was this site.

7. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    What you guys are doing as far as tags is great. We're doing fine as far as page rank. What you SHOULD be doing to help with SEO is to Digg and Stumble our articles. That stuff really helps. Also Google Bookmarking is a big help as well. ;)

8. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Well, I would be willing to make a Digg article out of new articles here. I can then pm you the link to include it in the article. People can Digg it then. How about it?

I never did anything with StubleUpon or the other bookmark tools. Does it work the same as Digg? I asks to make an account, and I am to lazy to check all that now. Sorry.