StarCraft: The Board Game

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Imagine., Jul 29, 2007.

StarCraft: The Board Game

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Imagine., Jul 29, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

While viewing the Fantasy Flight Games website (They are the creators of the World of WarCraft: The Board Game) for TANNHÄUSER, I stumbled upon a little piece of StarCraft goodness! It is currently in development as it set to be released in September of this year (or so it says.) One can only assume that this will be displayed in the upcoming BlizzCon as it is StarCraft based.

Here is the description of the Board game, though not very enticing, it does mention a good thing... It's going to be epic!
    Check out the Fantasy Flight Games website and see what I have seen! Click here and scroll a little bit below until you find a Penguin. The StarCraft piece is below it!

I wonder how everything will be balanced into the board game and how will economies be set up? Your thoughts? Your cries of excitement? Do tell!

2. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Imagine, y'know this might sound weird, but I THINK there's a chance that I've already seen the board game for sale somewhere. Now, there's also a large chance that it was a different board game than the one u'r describing that I saw, but I swear I saw one for sale at Borders or something like a couple years ago.

Have you seen/heard of such a thing?

3. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

I think I remember reading an article about Blizzard taking legal action against some people who made a StarCraft board game, I am not entirely sure though. Hmmm...

Besides the point, here is more information on the official board game:
    Source: Board Game Geek

4. TerranTemplar

TerranTemplar New Member

How would this game play out do you think? Obviously it is limited in the number of sizes and army, im guessing one/two units for each side, or at most 4, since having all the units would be too crazy. If it was out, i would so want to get this game.

5. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

They figured out how to "port" WarCraft III into a board game, so I do not see how they can fail porting StarCraft. Do you think that with every purchase of the StarCraft: The Board Game, there would be a CD key? LoL! Also, can someone say Map Hack? Haha!

6. Warsaw

Warsaw New Member

lol a starcraft board game. hmm i cant even imagine how that would be like. Anybody ever play the warcraft board game? im sure it would be just like that. i think only a dozen people would have to buy it for it to be a success. ;D

7. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

It is likely to be similar because they both were RTS games, but to see real images of the StarCraft board game, you might want to check out Board Game Geek and it's gallery located here.

8. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Looks fun ;D i wouldn't mind playing it thanks for the post ImaGiNe

9. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Thanks for the info. ;)

10. Lt.Flob

Lt.Flob New Member

UK
    wow thanks for the post

btw what i the warcraft/starcraft board game is really like because the board i ever really play is monopoly
    my favourite :D

11. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

Yep, Monopoly is the awesomest of the awesomest board games ever. I own at Monopoly with kids my age, but when I play against my parents, my dad usually wins. The StarCraft board game looks like it will be good, because have you seen the World of Warcraft board game? It's huge. Though, I probably won't be able to play the StarCraft board game with my parents, because they know nothing of it, but maybe with other nerds such as myself who are a fan of StarCraft would enjoy playing. The only problem is, I just moved into Mobile, Alabama two months ago, and there are not too many people who know how to use the computer for games here. I was in my local Gamestop here in Bumblescum and overheard a woman asking the clerk if they have any Super Nintendo games :-\. Yeah. The people here need to adapt to 21st century technology. But yes, I am looking forward to the StarCraft board game, it will be a good Christmas present. :good:

12. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Super Nintendo games?!? Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that you have moved to Mobile and not the middle ages??

13. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

I'm with ya on that one DanHillman. I got myself the Star Wars Saga version of Monopoly and basically love it to death. Soooo many hours wasted. And I'm one of those power hungry sadists who never let you actually go bankrupt. I'll just keep buying stuff off of you. Always. Like... I'll buy your metallic ship piece or the lil metal hat before I ever let you go bankrupt.

What a great game :D

14. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Lol, Monopoly's the one board game that literally never ends.

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Iam a bit confused; can somebody tell me if this is a starcraft forum or a monopoly forum?

16. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I have seen pictures of it, and it seems like you place your units on planets, not a battlefield. I dont really like that.. Just like Warcraft 3 the board game uses a similar board to the game itself, Starcraft the board game should also do that.

17. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Im Agreed,its Just like Warcraft 3 the board game uses a similar board to the game itself.
    hope they changed it.

18. paragon

paragon Guest

more like bored game

19. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

Bored game? Why do you think such a thing? Or is it because he said Warcraft? If that's the case, then I'm all right.

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Hey! Its nothing wrong about either warcraft 3 nor warcraft the board game(except if you dont have the board game expansion) Starcraft might be better, but warcraft 3 is still better than most of the other RTS:s too. They are like on the top, both of them.