Star Relic

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 14, 2007.

Star Relic

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 14, 2007.

1. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Starcraft Wikia wrote something about a unit called a 'star relic', thought I doubt its correct information (they say its in the PC gamer article)
    Also they mention the Succubus/Succubi we discussed in another topic.

I just think its interesting to show you guys:

"Star Relic: An unit that cloaks all nearby Protoss units and buildings, and is equipped with a powerful Fusion Beam that will slowly cause a target to explode and when the target does explode, it will cause splash damage to surrounding units ... the more powerful the target, the greater the splash damage caused by its explosion."

(From the section 'Units from StarCraft/Brood War not present in StarCraft II'):
    "Arbiter: According to reports of a PC Gamer article, the cloaking ability of the Arbiter is with a new unit called a Star Relic"

Article here: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_II

2. Gold

Gold New Member

cool, i wonder if this pc gamer exculsive is coming out in england, it better be

3. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet New Member

Cloaks buildings? Has a powerful attack? Sounds too overpowered to be true...
    But I guess we can't be certain, since we haven't seen most of the new Zerg and Terran features/units

4. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Sounds overpowered yeah, but I just wanted to share it with you :)

5. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

sounds rumorish if you ask me :p

6. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Very clever add to this topic, which is called "Topic: Rumoured new unit: Star Relic"

7. Meloku

Meloku New Member

Sounds stupid, and would completely ruin the game. Play command and conquer if you want a bunch of cool stuff that is unbalanced.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

maybe the star relic is the new arbiter.

even buildings can be cloaked? whoa. no it will not be unbalanced, another reason why building science vessels are important and upgrading overlord faster movement speed. i bet terran and zerg will get some new upgraded and stuffs too.

9. Oiyzas

Oiyzas New Member

I'm sure that if something like this were introduced, there'd be a viable and relatively painless counter to it... Blizzard hasnt failed us yet, have they?

What gets me is this attack that 'slowly causes the target to explode'. That makes it sound like the attack is a timed auto-kill, instead of a regular attack. Even if it is just a bunch of damage with a 'if-target-dies-splash-damage-happens' effect, how will all that work? Seems too complicated to really be understood.

10. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Maybe the attack needs to remain in contact with the target for a set time.

11. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

the attack kinda sounds like that warp-ray unit ... you know except the splash thingy ... warp-ray right? lol i forget these things >.<

12. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Man, you really don't read the whole text, don't you? :p

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

there are no larbiters in starcraft 2 and a new unit called star relic has the ability cloak the same with that of the arbiter. there is no more arbiter, and the star star relic replaced it (making it the new arbiter). wth?

14. Dissy

Dissy New Member

Whats imba and whats not can NOBODY say!
    It seems very more extensive than the old one. We hve to wait till the Z and T units are released. Then, and FIRST then, we can imagine how balanced the game is.

If all the facts of the new units are true, i'm absoluty scared! U need months to control every unit good! an over a year since u can really say: "I'm a PG!"

I dont think the Star Relic is so heavy as u imagine... Its like the arbiter... only with 2 features more :eek:
    But what i ask me... is the relic invisible too? Is the relic invisible under a other relic, that is invisible under the first relic?^^

15. coalescence

coalescence New Member

You just made my point about the fact that you never properly read what other people say.

BTW:

Confirmed?
    [​IMG]

16. Dissy

Dissy New Member

why the hell u have an issue from an month, thats 2 month away?

jeez, i'll call the police!

17. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    i agree. i think it's going to be very similar to the arbiter. the cloaking of building shouldn't be that much of an advantage. you either would spot the relic and target that or just bring a couple of detectors. The attack maybe a bit more powerful but there's always something that'll balance it out.

18. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    usually most magazines put a date that is a week or two ahead or even a month ahead, but i was surprised that it was an August 2007 issue. hopefully that doesn't indicate that this won't be the only information that would be released until then o_O

19. coalescence

coalescence New Member

I also thought about the new weapon it has and I'm far from scared.
    It will probably have 2 flaws:

1: It will take quite a time before it explodes, and how bigger the unit how longer it takes.
    2: Doesn't do damage until it had enough time to let the unit explode

Take that and the fact that it probably will be quite easy to take gives me the idea that it's easy to counter.

@FlyingTiger:

Probably it is, it will take another year before the game comes out and we already know the full unit roster of the protoss (I guess) and a part of zerg and terran unit roster, not to mention all the buildings we already saw. It won't be fun to know everything about game 8 months before it comes out :p

20. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

wtf? i read them. lol

why am i here writing and posting on your topic?

do you have poor memory, how many times i told you that im not good in english. i read your post but maybe i did not understand it. star relic and arbiter? whats the problem? so dont say something like im not reading posts. you assume to much, i read most of them even from you.

i did not read the link article by the way.
    i only read your post.. and it doesn't state that arbiters are gone and that they were already replaced by the star relic. review it. i said maybe the star relic are the new arbiter. whats wrong with that? t.