Star Relic scrapped - stasis orb taking it's place?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by paragon, Aug 4, 2007.

Star Relic scrapped - stasis orb taking it's place?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by paragon, Aug 4, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

So the Star Relic is a no-show but now they have the stasis orb

http://sc2spot.com/content/view/43/1/1/1/
    "There was a new Protoss unit built at the Gateway that is some sort of robotic thing like Probes and Observers called the Stasis Orb. It fired a laser that did minimal damage, but the target it was firing at would have its attack rate greatly reduced."

2. paragon

paragon Guest

I'm pretty sure cloak was removed

3. Warsaw

Warsaw New Member

yeah apparently nobody liked the name "star relic" and the fact that things had to stand still under it to be cloaked. personally i dont really care. It looked kind of crumby to me anyway. I havent seen the stasis orb but if it really sows down attack speed i guess it could pretty useful against BCs and warp rays..... unless it cant hit air..... which would then make it not as useful in my eyes. wish they would update their main site more often.

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I wouldn't say the Star Relic was scrapped. It's just been changed into this.

5. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Ugh....all these Protoss changes are getting kinda annoying now...it used to be really exciting at all its new changes...now it just seems like a recycled version of SC1 toss. :-\

Terrans are exciting and ingenious....i hope they don't do the same for them

6. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

In the end, the Archons were merged, the corsair and Scout were merged, Dragoon was split, many were changed and Stasis Orb and Warp Ray arrived brand new. The truth is they changed everything, and WE are making the connections between the new and old protoss units. Neither Colossus or Warp Ray is a new Reaver. Mother-ship isn't a new Arbiter. And Staker and Immortal aren't new dragoons. Some things change, and some remain the same. Stasis Orb will surely make a diference in the gameplay, because I don't see what could be related to it in the first SC.

7. mc2

mc2 New Member

Stasis Orb's new ability to slow down attacking enemies is just like the recycling the Queen's Ensnare. I personally did not find ensnare that powerful, so I'm a bit skeptical at the Stasis Orb. I agree the Star Relic didn't sounded good, and it's a good thing that they changed the name.

So it appears that every race has one ground spell caster and one air spell caster
    Air - Mothership
    Ground - Stasis Orb

8. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I don't think the mother ship counts. It fills the role as super heavy capital ship. They will have something else. And how does the star orb replace the star relic? The only thing I find that they both share is that they both have star in their name.

Star Relic
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flies
    Self Destruct
    Cloak
    Hillucination
    Weak Ball Of Energy

Star Orb
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ground unit
    Weak Lazer
    Slows Down Units

9. Sagathox

Sagathox New Member

I really dont like this new unit but its just a bad informed opinion, i havent seen them in action and i dont know what they can and cant do, but i thing they could do something a little more exciting, i mean cmon they are protoss!

10. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I like the stasis orb. Besides the fact that reavers are gone and soul hunters are scraped and the protoss seemed to have to much air at that they needed a new gound unit.

i have a new combo team.

Zealots
    stasis orbs
    stalkers

The enemy should not beable to do much running with stalkers being able to blink and zelots charging, the overwelming power of the protoss is going to be down right bad-ass.

11. Ych

Ych New Member

After some thoughts, I'm actually not too surprised that Blizzard axed the Reavers.
    As of now, the Protoss army doesn't contain any bombardment or heavy AOE damage type of units like their Terran counterparts. I think that is what Blizzard is intending the Terrans to be the master of bombardments.

On the other hand, Protoss have the stasis orb that when mixed in with an army, can pick apart slow units out during battle. What they lack in the bombardment area, they gain back with more powerful units with unique abilities to them like the stasis orb. Protoss strength will be more of their units picking apart enemies in battle with their superior strength and speed.

12. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Can anyone answer my past post?

13. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

YES Ych9 ,yes The protoss are going to excell into this type of tacktic. There going to own people who think they can excape there losing battle.

14. JBL

JBL New Member

Does that mean the high templar is no longer a spell caster? I'm confused.

15. burkid

burkid New Member

is the stasis orbs attack or slow effect splash?

16. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

The don't both have star in their name. One is "Star Relic" and one is "Stasis Orb". They have similar abilities and serve similar purposes though.

17. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Oh.. Nevermind then. Please name some? I don't know any..

18. venado

venado New Member

sorry, but where can i see a star relic / stasis orb shot?

19. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Game demo with:
    White protoss & red terran Vs. Green protoss & blue terran

It showed a little shinny object made mostly of energy like the archon and it shot a lazer that slowed down a zealot.