Something i noticed in the last battle of the gameplay demo for immortals.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Jul 14, 2007.

Something i noticed in the last battle of the gameplay demo for immortals.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Jul 14, 2007.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I im watching the final battle and i see this immortal getting hit by a siege tank and its hardened shield didnt activate. And i was like hmmm, so i followed the immortal's lifespan and it got hit by marines and reapers previously, and it was without any shield when the siege tank hit him. So what im getting at is that immortals with 0 shield on them, dont activate the hardened shield. EMP before battle ftw guys.

2. Ych

Ych New Member

Yea, when the Immortals run out of shields, I assume that they won't soak up any heavy damage. So the tactics I guess for the Immortals when they are facing Terrans is to always charge in your Immortals while the Tanks fire at them, then send in the rest of your force while the Tanks are cooling down their cannons.

3. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Yeah, but, what i ment is that, the hardened shields were not used up, a tank didnt shoot at them once, only when their shields(normal shields) were depleted did a tank shoot at them, and the hardened shield did not go up. So and EMP in the beggining of the battle will prevent the hardened shield from popping up.

4. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

you could tell this in the very first video with the tanks on the ledge. when the immortals made it up there tanks were still firing and splashing each other, but the shields had already been depleted so they didnt go up again

5. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Well, its not as clear as in the final battle, because there werent any units in the first fight, with the tanks.

That final battle, some marines were shooting at the immortal, and you can see the bullets. Than once the shield stops flashing the marines kept hitting it, and a tank shot at it, and the shield never went on. I guess the immortals arent going to be very effective vs science vessels! har har

6. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    I highly doubt that vultures will set them off, as they merely do 20 damage. A good tactic would be to first either rush the enemy immortals with vultures, easily taking down their shields, then running back to your tanks where they will be slaughtered. EMP would also work, an to a lesser degree firebats, since they do 16 damage and splash.
    With a bit of micro, they might be killed really easily.

7. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Yeah, but nothing will be quite like the EMP, since immortals will mostly be breaking your lines. So you dont have that much time to micro around.

For skirmishes yeah, but not for base defence.

8. Ych

Ych New Member

Don't forget guys, that even though Immortals may have run out of shields, they still got a huge amount of HP.
    If I remembered correctly, Immortals have 100 shields along with 240 HP. That is like twice the HP of Siege Tanks. Their HP is similiar to an Ultralisk. Immortals are going to be one tough cookie to take down.

9. Heretic666)GC(

Heretic666)GC( New Member

Newfoundland
    And if it like Dragoons, it is going to be very early tech, which means it will be almost impossible to take down by other early tech units. Or it would be if only it wasn't so vulnerable to small weapons fire.