Some think Z are the weakest race, T:L member says otherwise

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by alex1, Sep 4, 2009.

Some think Z are the weakest race, T:L member says otherwise

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by alex1, Sep 4, 2009.

1. alex1

alex1 New Member

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Dude, Zerg were always the most powerfull race early game. That means mainly tier 1 battles. After that, they have to be very carefull when fighting Terran, even more so when fighting Protoss late game.

What I'm saying is that this article is inaccurate. It's focussed on the strong points of the Zerg. Not really a suprise that they look powerfull that way.

I'm getting a bit tired of people saying one race is more powerfull then the other. It's best to discuss the mechanics behind the units and buildings, rather then talking about how overpowered/underpowered certain elements of the game are. Save that for when Blizzard's done balancing and releases the game. Have they ever let us down?

3. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    wow i was just gonna post this right before i saw this thread -.-

anyways, zerg is too kewl lol. but......
    u know wat would be kewl?
    if u had like an army of queens ur army up, and sunken rush. the +4 larva and the transfusion ability would make sunken rush extremely useful, especially since they can move around.

this reminds me, if a spine crawler uproots itself and places it self on the edge of the creep, does it expand lol. if so, just keep doing that, a new kind of sunken rush lol

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  4. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Would't using Overlords for that be more effective? That way you can let them walk the whole distance at once.

5. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    uhhh if they walk then doesnt that drain their health (off creep)

6. alex1

alex1 New Member

But when you move your sunken colony, the creep gradually disappears, right? And due to the slow speed of the uprooted colony, well, maybe by the time you get to your destination, creep will already have disappeared ^^

Queens have a nice feature spawning additional larvae, Im just wondering how great it would be if a Zerg player had like 4-5 queens in the same game (supposing he has enough resources).

7. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Spine and Spore Crawlers do not expand the Creep, the only things that expands the Creep in SC2 are Hatchery/Lair/Hive, Creep Tumors, and Overlords.

8. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    that freakin sucks D:

they should expand the creep a little bit. seriously

9. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Of course not. They aren't buildings.

10. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    yes they do not expand the creep, but you could take an overlord and since you will have to much map control you can have a few overlords sitting out side his base and you can move spine/spore colonies out there and keep a continuoes flow of creep.

and spine/spore don't lose HP when walking off creep only when they are planted down they will lose HP like every other building if there is no creep.

but they lose all of there armor when they walk around and they have only 100 HP instead of 400 (i think) when planted.

Early game Zerg were always the best, and they seem to be even better. i think if the T or P can kill that queen then the Zerg are screwed.
    all Zv anything will most likely be decided if they other openent can kill the others queen.

once the queen is down the Zerg is scewed.
    if queen does not go down then the other race is screwd.

this is going to make ZvZ so interesting!

11. asdf

asdf New Member

i'm wondering why Team Liquid's opinion even matters. weren't they the ones arguing against MBS?

12. beefstew2

beefstew2 New Member

Because they argued before to keep sc2 as competitve as sc1 that makes there opinion not matter?

I'd like to think both sites should just get along, and leave the flames and bashing out. Doesnt help grow the community.

13. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    i dont think so. unless they kill the queen b4 it does anything (which is highly improbable)
    in sc1, z did ok without queen too. just a few more larva would greatly help zerg already

14. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

They're a small piece of the community, probably less important than they think they are. Still, they have some experienced gamers who know StarCraft I very well, and represent the views of some of the more hard-core gamers. It's probably a good idea to listen to them on some things and ignore them when they say foolish things (like banning MBS -- that won't happen no matter what they say) as their bias is obvious. TL.net's moderators tend to be less knee-jerk than many of their members, and you'll often have see a big article where one likes it, one would rather see it gone and one really hates it rather than all of them hating it; they're not all the same.

In any event, any article written after only a few (or several) hours of StarCraft II gameplay will be biased one way or another. Until the beta has been out for over a month (when people will actually show a willingness to use new strategies) these opinion articles will be poorly-written.

15. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Limit one queen per hatchery and the larvae injection adds +3 larvae instead of 4.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2009
  16. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    So you can't mass a queen army without taking larvae because they don't need it and you need one hatch each.

That should help keep them from being to "over powered" in early game were they are strongest.
    Idk, from that artical it sounds like the Zerg are a lot stronger early game then ever before.
    SC2 is going to be an interesting game.

17. mutantmagnet

mutantmagnet New Member

Try reading the article. It was going into the mechanics quite well.

Blizzcon isn't just to show off the game but to have some fresh alpha testers look the game over. It would be lazy or shortsighted of them not to use Blizzcon in this manner.
    The extra feedback wouldn't hurt.

Again someone who didn't read the article because it wasn't so poorly written that it should be ignored. It had one annoying flaw but it covered a lot of bases in how one should present their thoughts to remove most ambiguity about any conclusions being drawn.

The article itself was informative and instructional about some of the impacts of Tier 1 gameplay.

18. alex1

alex1 New Member

Come on guys, if I had known both sites along along so badly, I wouldn't probably have written this thread :(

I just wanted to ask what you guys think about the article. I mean, Team Liquid's feedback is, of course biased. But then, even our opinions are, because no one could have extensively and thoroughly tested the beta. Obviously, if the Queen is "overused" in the way TL described, then it would prolly make the Zerg very powerful (I did not say over or underpowered). No clue how right or wrong they are, but their explanations do make sense.

I, for one, would agree to give a limitation of 1 Queen per hatchery. Because otherwise, the Queen kindda removes the need of making additional hatcheries.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  19. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

That was a nice overview there, but it wouldve been better if they were able to make videos of their matches to let us see what really happened during those times. I'm quite surprised that zerg got the upperhand on all their matches. If things are going too much in favor of zerg, it probably means that blizz dev staff noticed something else that they didn't like.

20. alex1

alex1 New Member

If we follow SC1's storyline, Zergs at the scourge of both T and P, and because of their sheer numbers, overwhelmed everyone. Would somehow make sense lore wise.
    Things will go in favor of the zergs IF they are able to abuse of the Queen's ability to spawn larvae. Most likely, there will be a cooldown or maybe higher requirements in term of mana: 25 mana might seem a bit too cheap, but make it 50 or 60 + 1 queen limit/hatch and I think you get a well balanced race.