small problem? maybe not...

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by joshin, Aug 16, 2007.

small problem? maybe not...

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by joshin, Aug 16, 2007.

1. joshin

joshin New Member

I've been slowly following up on all the updates on this forum and I just wanna say great job in terms of getting updates, "leaked" info, cool pictures, speculations and etc.
    Anyways, I've been looking at the updates for protoss and it seems to me that they have no ground to air attackers.

The immortals can't attack air (i heard)
    zealots and dts definitely don't (can't imagine a zealot charging a battlecruiser)
    I'm guessing the Colossus can't (bad neck support?)
    and I'm doubting that they are gonna make the stalkers attack air (they're lasers look puny anyways...)

I guess Protoss in SC1 only had the dragoons and that worked out... But I'm wondering if the Protoss in SC2 need to go air to fight other air units. The phoenix is pretty sick so i guess that wouldn't be so bad. Just wondering why blizzard decided to do it like this.
    Any opinions, corrections, or insight are welcome. thanks...

2. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I think that with the air units that they have, Protoss should be well covered, but yes, I had heard that immortals don't attack air, but I assumed stalkers would...anybody else got a take on this?

ps - welcome to the forums! :powerup:

3. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Joshin, just to confirm one thing offhand is that I DID see Stalkers attack air during some of the demo videos. So yea, they're in. But you do make a good point and I didn't think about it before, cuz those lasers do look kinda puny and there doesn't seem to be much on else on ground to air attack.

I think while it'd be cool to give Immortals an anti-air attack, they'd be way to imbalanced cuz of that shield. Expensive things like BC's would get pwned and once Protoss HAVE air then it would all just get too imbalanced.

I guess what you still have is that High Templar psi storm and the Twilight Archon with feedback (which I hear they are going to implement even after the highs merge into an archon). To give Twilight Archon feedback is like turning Nerf guns into BB pellets, lol. Pro's are gonna eat that up cuz for 50 mana u'r basically wiping away about half of a battcruiser's life and taking away it's energy and kills things like wraiths in a single shot (assuming these were at max mana). Couple that with a unit with strong area damage psionic strike and I think you gotta pretty good ground-to-air unit there.

Oh, and I thought I've seen u'r name "Joshin" before but I guess u'r new? Anyway, welcome to the forum if you are new, and thanks for asking a smart question :)

4. CodyFallsForth

CodyFallsForth New Member

Yeah, i believe immortals and stalkers can attack air. Why shouldn't the replacement for the goon be able to attack air?

Welcome to the forums :)

Oh and ArchLimit, amazing job on the new sig/avatar

5. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

Immortals do hit air confirmed by Meloku who went to blizzcon also Stalkers lasers do around 14 dmg or something like that, theres a photo of their attack power somewhere on these forums. Not that puny.

6. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

stalkers, archons, carriers, mothership, phoenix, warp ray... seems solid enough to me

7. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

He's talking about G-A...

Anyway, there's Immortals, which apparently has been confirmed, Stalkers... whatever, and Archons, which is what I was thinking...

3 Units?

8. joshin

joshin New Member

Good info!
    3 is way more than enough. (forgot about archons. surprising that i forgot flaming balls of death...)

I still think the animation for the stalker lasers is a bit... puny

9. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    There's definitely Stalkers and Archons that can deal the ground-to-air pain...plus you got psionic storm...that's always a b*tch to get hit by

10. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

immortals are ground only

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Can someone get a definitive answer on the Immortals GTA ability? I'm getting confused.....

Some people say GTA, some say no.

Also, 14 damage is pretty sweet, and the animation isn't exactly "wimpy." Look at the interceptor, its a similar attack and does 8 damage. From what I can see there's hardly any cooldown for the stalker, so... I think the animation works for it.

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

and dont forget the protoss are still lacking 1 or 2 units. so hope that at least one of them is anti air.

13. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

one fo the guys at blizzcon said that immortal is ground only

in SC1, you didn't really have any GTA besides high templar and dragoon

14. paragon

paragon Guest

Well there were only 3 fighting air units for the protoss in starcraft. And one didn't attack air. And one had a piss poor ground attack. Same goes for the terrans. So they didn't need a whole bunch of GTA units. This time it's different. There are more GTA and more air.

15. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    The lack of anti air does pose a problem, but air usually doesn't come till later and the Protoss will have air units as well so the problem may not be too bad.

16. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Holy necropost Batman

17. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    LOL? That's the first time I've seen a reference to Batman on these forums. Making fun of Robin's random sayings, you did a very good job at it, incorporating the zerg's new ability to commit suicide it sound like.

18. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Necropost=Bringing back a topic that died two months ago.

19. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

You WOULD think so LICHking....

20. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

haha,this coming from someone called lichking make it sounds so funny XD