SLEEK VIKING vs FAT VIKING (pics)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Apr 19, 2008.

SLEEK VIKING vs FAT VIKING (pics)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Apr 19, 2008.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

here you go.

http://larcenciel-11.deviantart.com/art/the-lost-vikings-83270934

what do you think?

IMO the sleeker looks cooler, realistic, badass, and less warcraft. lol

and making it look more similar to the original viking concept art

http://starcraft2.com/images/artwork/ss32-hires.jpg

or this

http://larcenciel-11.deviantart.com/art/transform-and-roll-out-77176544

ok, some or many hated the viking looking bulky (ground and air mode) and also looks clumsy while walking so i just thought of how about making them look sleeker. well i tried.

by the way, its just a sample fan made version (by me!) imagine if blizzard made it look sleeker. ^^

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I like the fat viking better...
    Did you make the sleek one, or...?

3. TheWorker

TheWorker Guest

original is a lot better, nice work though.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

^ thanks.

yes i made it. =(

wow. dont you think mine looks more realistic? the fat one looks warcraftish with the big gun and shoulder etc... FAT and cute!

well we have already been used to see the original one so thats why i think most will prefer the old one. =\

5. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I've always liked the Vikings model, nice change tho.

6. -LT-

-LT- New Member

It's a nice change, but the old one is perfect and doesn't need changing.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I prefer the "fat" one, but not because I am used to it. The first time I saw it (it was also the first time I visited this forum, and later on joined) I loved it. More than I loved the Thor, which I also saw for the first time.

I only dislike the chubby air mode. Assault mode is more than fine, it's superb. I'd like to see you do your own version of the aerial mode instead. :)

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i wanted to do that too... but i was too excited to post the sleeker mech version so i decided to cancel it and post the mech one right away and wait for some comments. lol

ok i will try....

9. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

TO be honest what u made dosel ook closer to blizzards concept art. I wonder why they made the ingame modle so different? oh well both wouldnt look bad i think.

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I definitely prefer the original. The 'sleek' one looks way too fragile and having the missile pods so close together and so high up makes it look unstable and top heavy.
    Interesting point on the concept art. Seeing how closely the Zergling and Hydralisk resemble their concept art you'da thought that the Viking's would be a bit beefier. To be honest, I never really liked the Viking concept art. It was mainly because the Ground Form looked so much larger than the Air Form, but now that it's been pointed out, it's probably also to do with the pods being too close together and high up, not to mention that the guns and feet are messed up.

11. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I second Itza on this one. While I appluad you for your work , your Viking just looks way to tall without anying stablizing it. I also second GMG if one version of the Viking was to be remoddled I would say it should be the air mode, the ground mode is fine by comparisson.

12. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

yeah, the air modle dose look fat. I wonder how the heck it gets of the ground looking like it dose...lol

13. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    The sleek model reminds me of the AT-STs from Star Wars. And anyone who's seen the movies knows how easy it was to knock them over due to being extremely top-heavy.

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Hmmm, it's looking as though I'm the only one who likes the Viking's Air Form the way it is. I don't feel that it's too fat or anything, it's just wide. Like a boomerang. You wouldn't describe a boomerang as being fat, and it's just a different shape to other projectiles.

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The air model's fine as it is. I don't see any problems with it except... well, none at all. It's plenty beefy enough to withstand a beating and yet not so fat it doesn't look like it should fly.

16. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Looking at the Viking's concept again got me wanting to toy with it. Not that I don't like the current Viking model(which I think would be fine even as final), I thought the orignial mech looked better in some areas, such as the cockpit for example. But it looked too scrawny and hunched over, so messed with it.

Here it is. Please excuse the complete absence of any image editing skills. I know it boarders on being offensive, but it's really not me forte. I could draw pretty well with my hands, but definitely a big hell no with anything on the PC. Just trying to get the point across, that's all.
    [​IMG]
    The one on the left is the one I chopped up, the right is the original concept art. I just had the missile pods slide down to its shoulders, and the V-shaped "blades" slide back to its chest. Again, this is just me sharing a playful idea jokingly, not really as any kind of serious suggestion. Please don't take any offense Zeratul.

17. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Zeratul - It looks fine except it looks like it would fall backwards constantly. There looks to be way too much weight on the shoulders/back with the missile pods where they are. And have the blades around the cockpit maybe horizontal (if they aren't) instead of vertical.

Remy - I like what you did. The blades were always kind of funny up with the cockpit. They look like torso armor for it now.
    And it looks like it can stand up straight on its own now without the missile pods separated and lower.
    It somehow reminds me of a shark now. I don't know why.

18. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I like Remy's actually. It looks sturdier and more stable, especially with the pods moved to the side.

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I prefer Remy's idea

Making the viking thinner just makes it look like its going to fall over

20. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes mine kinda look top heavy but i can always make the legs bigger anytime. that is just a bad version of a sleeker mech for sure. if blizzard made one im sure it will be perfect and we may have some second thought of changing the current bulky one.

i imagine the fans would be extremely piss off if the original viking looks sleeker or more realistic in the first place then suddenly someone photoshop it to look like the fat version (original one). lol.

and if the air mode gets a sleeker look the mech mode should also get it or else they will be different.