Simple MapMaking Question

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by killSWITCH, Jun 26, 2010.

Simple MapMaking Question

1. killSWITCH

killSWITCH Guest

I noticed that people are still making maps although the Beta is not open right now. My questions is pretty simple... Is the map editor available to the beta users? If so, how do you access it? When I try to start up the game, it still doesn't allow me to get past the login screen.

Any comments will help.

2. Amduscias

Amduscias New Member

Cologne, Germany
    eh....you don't have to start starcraft II for the editor. Editors are always seperated. Look in you installation folder for the "Starcraft II editor.exe" !

3. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I started to type that question into to google when I went, oh, duh. It's in the folder.

I guess people get thrown off because it doesn't automatically get a shortcut like retail SC1's editor.

4. Amduscias

Amduscias New Member

Cologne, Germany
    Since the Editor didn't came with the first beta-phase startup, they haven't included a shortcut to the installation. When it was added later on, they probably forgot it. I mean, hey, its beta. Maybe when retail comes out (only two more weeks....cant wait!) there will be a shortcut implementet.