Should we expect any new units coming before relase? If yes, what type?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Aug 9, 2007.

Should we expect any new units coming before relase? If yes, what type?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Aug 9, 2007.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I think terrans are ready, we just need a better air to air ship, and maybe firebats, although we dont know what the predator can do yet.

Any other units that might show up ? Im more interested in the roles they would take, like siege unit, air to ground etc.

2. Matriarch

Matriarch New Member

I wouldn't expect too many brand new terran/protoss units, but I'm pretty confident that certain units are going to get a makeover.

3. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

I definitely see them scrapping some terran units or redesigning. I see the terrans in the same boat as when the protoss were released. There are still testing out alot of things, nothing is final.

4. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

What do you expect to see scraped?

5. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

anything, besides the obvious (marine, siege tank, battlecruiser...). I could see banshees, predators, cobras, or reapers getting some kind of tweak, whether it be major, minor, or completely scrapped. They are still testing so anything can happen. ;)

6. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

I would like to see a cloak-able ground transport for the Terrans, in fact i can think a perfect name for it.

Terran Chameleon
    cloak-able ground transport, carries up to 6 infantry,
    infantry can attack from within(reserach)
    has the grappler ability(reserach) which shoots out a grappler to grab a small ground unit (both friendly and enemy) and bring it next to the carmeleon.

the cloaking is like chameleon's camouflage
    the grappler is like it's tongue

7. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I like the cloak APC, grappler has to act on multiple units though, one unit in starcraft aint much. I dont really see much use in that ability even then though.

Im almost a 100% sure Reapers are staying, banshees seem solid enough, cobras might be changed, moved. Thor might rebalanced.

8. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I dont think many new units will be released, however I do see the Firebats coming back and the cobras getting a change. The predator seems unstable too so it might be either scrapped/replaced/changed. I cant say any future units might need fixing due to the fact I dont know them yet, hehe.

9. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

with grappler you can grab expensive enemy units from long distance away and kill it (e.g. high templar) or save your own important units. (e,g, ghost) plus the ability will be cheap energy wise.

10. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I think the terrans will stay pretty stable with balancing tweaks of course. I dont think the Firebat will be coming back though the current terran lineup already has a ton of ground aoe and the Firebat wouldnt bring anything new to the table. (i could see blizzard giving reapers a weaker version of the Firebat's attack though)

11. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I really dont see how terran can stop 3-4 x 12 of zealots currently...no spider mines, and that charge is nasty...

I think we'll need firebats, or flamethrowing reapers..

12. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Well, for the Protoss we might see one or two new units in place for some units that have been scrapped (e.g. Reaver)

The Terrans seem pretty well thought out as it is, we probably will see some units getting a new model (Nomad) or getting a tweak or two (Cobra).

As for the Firebats, I never used them much, but I can also see Terran needing at least one melee unit or else, if Dark Swarm's back, they're just gonna get their asses beat by zerg.

13. burkid

burkid New Member

if darkswarm comes back, terrans have reapers mines, tanks, thors, battlecruisers (plasma turrets upgrade), and banshees. but firebats would still be welcome.

14. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Are they vulnerable to attacks like that now? Cuz in SC1, tanks were absolutely useless against swarm.

15. burkid

burkid New Member

the splash could still hit units under splash, just not directly

16. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

protoss still need 2 new units, ground and air unit. while for the terrans at least one more, ground unit.

terran- maybe a moving bunker with laser canons or an infantry with rocket luncher.

protoss- the unit in the artwork (vindicator). and they still need one more air unit.