Should the zerg Guardian REturn

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by surr, Oct 6, 2007.

?

Should the Guardian Return

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Should the zerg Guardian REturn

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by surr, Oct 6, 2007.

1. surr

surr New Member

My favourite zerg unit is indeed the guardian. Long firing power that can split ground units in half (or what ever it does with them) but the question is should they return, if not why so?

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Hell yes, my favorite Zerg unit as well.

3. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

yes, the guardian should defiantly return, it was such a unique unit in starcraft, being the only aerial siege weapon

4. CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard New Member

An aerial siege weapon, yes. But, perhaps since Blizzard is re-engineering so much in Starcraft they'll change the Guardian a little as well. The Banshee is very similar to a Guardian now, save for the range and the damage type. But, perhaps if Blizzard truly is re-engineering the Zerg from the ground up we'll be seeing the Guardian return but its attack style change somewhat. We've got Mutalisks, so the notion that they would morph into Guardians is expectable.

But, with the Zerg, when they get re-engineered, I would like to see a lot more integration of the different units, kind of make them the "ultimate" race for cooperative, compounded attacks. Guardians smacking you when you've got plague spores, for instance, gets real real bad. (I mention this in my short story submission.) In Starcraft I, we have Devourers' corrosive acid working to make units more vulnerable to other attacks; in Starcraft II I would be fascinated by several instances of this sort of compound damage.

5. Anansi_Tragoudia

Anansi_Tragoudia New Member

That's an awesome idea. I like it the fact that the Zerg are more complicated than simply massing a large army and throwing it at your enemies. I hope more strategic elements for the Zerg come into play.
    -----------------
    The guardian was a great unit, It could bypass an enemies defenses (by blowing them up ;D) and let your precious minions come in unscated (relatively :p).

Re-engineering, hmmm: not to steal from the terrans, but if the guardian, or zerg artillery in general, could have multiple types of projectiles. For instance the strong acid bomb of the guardian, maybe a mutalisk could mutate (or the guardian directly changes) into a guardian with a weaker splash damage attack, or a damage over time attack.

This could fit in line with the whole genetic variability of the zerg. Plus it makes attacks less predictable.

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    favorite zerg unit?!? I know, the Guardian is awsome, but what about the hydralisk/lurker?! :eek: :p
    They rock @$$!

I hope that the Devourer get remade/changed more than the Guardian will be. The Guardian was useful more often. Also, it looked better. flying crab spider > floating meat.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I hope the guardian returns. It was able to outrange defenses allowing you to siege a base. Of course I would be fine even if they get rid of it provided they give some other long range siege unit. Perhaps something faster

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I chose the 'I don't care' option. It was a really good unit, but it's not as classic a unit as the Zergling, Hydralisk or Mutalisk. Wouldn't mind if its replaced or just scrapped, I'm sure that the replacement or brand new unit will be just as awesome.

9. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    @BirdofPrey

The slow moving guardian is already okay because it's well balanced that way. If blizzard made the guardian faster, it would wickedly powerful that it's gonn be hard to take down.

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I know

11. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Yes Zerg Guardian is very Strong specially when it comes to the Ground Units Enemies :) Good Zerg Combo,,, 6 Zerg Devourers and 6 Zerg Guardians :)

12. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    I still prefer 4 guardians and waves and waves of hydralisks!! :D

13. Protosscommander

Oh yes not bad i dea Josh but i hate using Hydralisk when my enemies are Protoss High Tempalr they are just die in 1 secons bec of the Psyonic Storm oh man :(

14. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    LOL. That's the use of mass waves. ;D And the psionic storm can kill at least 2 hydralisks if it were to be timed so you still have time to save many.

15. Protosscommander

Oh yes that is true , have you notice when you are playing as the Zerg and your enemies are the Protoss, if you have a Lurker immidiatly, the Protoss dont have the power to see the lurker bec. they dont have Protoss Observer yet, hehehe well that is my strategy when it come to the Zerg, Zerg Lurker Rush :)

16. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    Yeah. That's why when me and my friends play and I'm protoss, I always do the observer rush. But the lurkers are easy to kill so before it goes underground, you gotta attack it with at least 6 zealots.

17. Protosscommander

oH YES HEY JOSH, i mensioned before that your friend and you playing Starcraf, san kayou nag pplay ng Starcraf , ??? i mean kc isnt you need the CD to play Starcraft so how is it ??? two computers ??? may Starcraft pa ba here in our country ???

18. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    There still are computer shops here that still have starcraft. The problem with the people is all they concentrate on playing are useless online games that doesn't even have a goal or a storyline.

19. Protosscommander

Yes that is true lol, oh in that shop arer they using original Starcraft , and are they using CD ??? TO RUN

20. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    Nah. They're using zip folders or setups.