Should I get Warcraft III

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Rhinestorm, Aug 23, 2008.

Should I get Warcraft III

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Rhinestorm, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Rhinestorm

Rhinestorm New Member

Starcraft has been my favorite RTS but I've never played any Warcraft game. Warcraft III seems to be great, it has great reviews and so on. Seeing as though Warcraft III battle chest is only $39.99 (in Best Buy at least), should I get it?

Also, if there is a cheaper place to get Warcraft III post the link.

2. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Yes. It has an awesome campaign, which can get you stoked for StarCraft II's campaign. If you want to make StarCraft II maps, then learning Warcraft III's map system is virtually essential.

The multiplayer game isn't that great, though, but you can learn to use smart casting and stuff from it.

3. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    WC3 is fun, but its gameplay is a bit different from SC's. It's a lot slower, more micro-oriented, and hero-based. So if you're into fast gameplay, it WC3 might not be your thing. That being said it could be worth it just for the custom maps. WC3 probably has the best map editor yet for any RTS game and some of the custom maps are amazing.

4. Rhinestorm

Rhinestorm New Member

I am kind of Starcraft player that masses and keeps sending units into an enemy base until they fall (especially in BGH). So does Warcraft III have like armies of units or just small numbers of units fighting?

5. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    WC3 has small numbers of units fighting, if you want to go for large armies then you could go for WC2

6. Simbob

Simbob New Member

Australia
    There is a lot of custom maps however that do feature HUGE armies fighting against one another... They aren't the best though. Still a fun game. :D

7. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    the stories epic but the normal maps are a disappointment, spend more time attacking creeps than the enemy.

8. DotGet

DotGet New Member

I didn't really like the single player campaign in WC3/FT, but the custom maps in multiplayer are great. Not as many people play as they used to, but there are at least 5x more people on it at any given time than Starcraft.

9. CyberPitz

CyberPitz New Member

10. the8thark

the8thark New Member

That's $20 each and the battle chest is the same price give or take and has the guide books for each in too. I think the Battle chest is the better buy.

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I love SC to death and I've never really gotten into WC3. The graphics are much more easy on the eyes though and DotA is fun.

12. Seyla

Seyla New Member

Phoenix, AZ
    I say play it. You'll see some similarities between a few of the races and those from SC. It has several different mechanics so it can give you a fresh look at how Blizzard does an RTS.

13. Custom maps made WarCraft III very fun too me.. Never cared for the melee much.. Nothing against it, it's just that if I'm playing it I might as well be playing StarCraft melee.