SCV in sc2 just looks crap

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TerranGod, Oct 16, 2007.

SCV in sc2 just looks crap

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TerranGod, Oct 16, 2007.

1. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

i mean wtf? sc1 was better than this
    i really hope they modify the scvs

[img width=600 height=497]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff294/thiefingdude/SCV.png[/img]

2. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

Agree, to me, their upper body seem a little "flat"

3. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

put a pic like that of the SC1 scv

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Hmm.....If they detailed it better, I think it'd be fine. I like the tools, especially the drill.

5. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Well the whole game is no where near release so they (blizzard) are just testing how things look and they most likley will change it! :)

6. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I think the SCV is great. It shouldn't be changed.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Can't say I hate it.  In fact it causes a feeling of nostalgia.  Reminds me of a HERC from Earth/Starsiege

The claw thing looks a little funny and I always liked the fusion cutter but other than that it is good. Hy unlike the SC1 SCV it looks like it wont fall backwards

8. -LT-

-LT- New Member

LOL Yeah, the SC1 one always seemed to lean backwards. :p

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The SCV doesn't need to be flat or bulky or detailed or anything. Terran aren't going to put extra money into improving their SCV's, and if they did then they would make it more efficient at collecting minerals. I don't know what the problem people have about it is. I reckon it looks like a perfect worker unit.

10. Flesh

Flesh New Member

/Signed

The new SCV doesn't look special at all. And compared to the old SCV it looks like shit. First off, its too small. Its about the same size as a marine and yet it can fit a man inside of him. He is supposed to be an all-purpose worker unit, why make it so small? His legs look silly (why does he need legs at all if can hover?) and I don't know wtf are those two things sticking above him supposed to be. Plus, that drill is just plain stupid. I mean, why replace a fusion cutter with an arhaic drill? Makes no sense, how is he supposed to use this drill to construct buildings? How is he supposed to construct buildings at all?

The overall design just doesn't give off that powerful look of a multi-purpose mech unit that could perform various tasks form repairing other units and mining minerals to constructing buildings. This new SCV looks like his barely able to mine minerals as it is.

And don't even get me started on the unit prortrait.

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Keep in mind that all Marines are clad in full, huge, battle suits, so it still makes sense that a person can fit inside them as well. It doesn't need to be big. It just needs to be able to build and collect minerals.
    The legs need to be there because the person inside still has legs! You were complaining that the person wouldn't have enough room in there, so why are you trying to get rid of the leg space? The 'things sticking above him' are obviously either for exhaust or cooling.
    You don't know anything about the mechanics of the drill. For all we know it could be a super, nuclear powered, drill that, when its spinning and comes in contact with another object, can produce so much friction that it becomes so hot that it acts as a wielding device as well. Who knows? Besides, drills are often used in construction. It can easily construct buildings, its other hand could act as a socket wrench, hammer, clamp, screwdriver or pretty much anything. And who's to say that these tools aren't retractable and different ones can be used?
    Powerful multi-purpose mech? I don't know WHAT you were using SCV's for in StarCraft1, but they were definitely NOT multi-purpose mech's. And as if you couldn't harvest minerals with those tools. Clamp with the clamp-hand, drill small incisions around the clump your holding, and pull.

Everyone should stop b!tching about Blizzard making supposedly bad designs or names. They are not making this game specifically for you, and there are a heck of a lot of people who like it how it is at the moment. If you think that it's so bad, make your own game. I doubt that it will even be comparable to Blizzard's game.

12. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

sc1 scv was the dude! it had that "don't mess with me, i can pwn probes and scourges all day long" look

btw, the probe don't look too good either... i can only imagine what the new drone would look like

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    pwn scourges? i hope you mean drones...

@ItzaHexGor
    I don't think that human legs really fit in those sc2 SCV legs. They would have to be broken and bent forward... kind of... :p

14. paragon

paragon Guest

this is an SCV. PR's SCV to be exact. Better than that shit Blizzard one.

yeah thats right. a motherfucking fusion cutter instead of some pussy ass drill and 3 claws instead of 2 little bars

15. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

that's the badass scv that sc2 should have! btw who's PR?

16. paragon

paragon Guest

17. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I like the sc1 SCV , the sc2 SCV looks cool as well, i like the model of it but it should be more modified

edit: you double posted! get him! :D

18. Inpox

Inpox New Member

Gyz is just a worker unit, your supposed to have alot of them so you dont pay attention how they look and btw that unit is really small so it looks good from distance i guess

CHARGE!!!

19. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

the pilots doesn't use the leg space,only the cabin.and heck,it looks so damn ugly...how the hell a drill is better than a fusion cutter ?? it may be that the tip of the drill give off some sort of energy,i'd be cool with that.but the design of the SCV is plain awful.it looks bad(really bad) and no human can fit inside,unless it is a gnome or something...

so you are saying that people should just suck it up and don't say what they think and give their opinions just because other people don't agree with them ??sorry pal,things DO NOT work like that...specially in a forum...

20. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

well said Vindicatormsc, it's a mystery how some people think they can tell what others what not to do