Scout + Corsair vs. Pheonix

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by didd293, Jul 8, 2007.

?

Do you want blizzard to bring back the scout and corsair and get rid of the pheonix?

1. Yes, the pheonix looks crappy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, the pheonix will be much more useful than the scout and corsair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I want them both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care because I don't like protoss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Scout + Corsair vs. Pheonix

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by didd293, Jul 8, 2007.

1. didd293

didd293 New Member

I personally like the pheonix better than the scout and corsair because of its overload, and it looks cooler. What do you guys think?

2. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I'm not crying over the scout...although I kinda miss the Corsair. Corsair is probably one of my top 3 favorite units for the Toss. Pheonix still kicks ass though :)

3. DontHate

DontHate New Member

pheonix ftw. it has the usefullness of the corsair and the cool lookingness of the scout.

4. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

Well yeah it's better than the scout, but the corsair was a very fast harassment unit. The phoenix appears to rape lightly armored massed units but it doesn't seem like it will be winning any marathons in the near future.

5. Ych

Ych New Member

I sure won't be missing the Scout 1 bit. As for the Corsairs, I think they were too good at what they are suppose to do.
    The problem with Corsairs IMO was that they cost too cheap for what they could do. They were fast, cheap, has a nice ability called disruption web. Cost for Cost, they even beat the Captial ships and yet, the Captial ships are suppose to counter them. Scouts were basically rendered useless because of the Corsairs. The only thing that the Corsair lacks is a ground attack.

Phoenix on the other hand, are basically a Scout + Corsair combined. Except, they don't have the disruption web. They are fast, can hit ground, and probably won't cost that much. But what seperates them is that their normal attack won't be doing much damage at all whether it's against air or ground units. They would need to use the Overload ability against air units and those requires skill because if you don't use it properly, you are a sitting duck for a few seconds. IMO, I like the Phoenix much more than the Scouts and Corsairs and would balance the Protoss Air forces in SC2.

6. didd293

didd293 New Member

yeah, I have to admit the disruption web ability was one of my favorites in the entire game. It's possible that they have another unit (star relic, perhaps?) that has disruption web, or something similar to it.

7. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I just love Corsairs altogether! They were cheap, easy to mass, fast, had disruption web, etc. I really am going to miss them....guess that just means Blizz gon have to make a Corsair-like unit for expansion then! ;D ^_^ :)

8. IO

IO New Member

The pheonix appears to be a very good replacement for the cosair/scout as it seems to have a very powerful secondary ability BUT, it seems (from the gameplay video which may be changed) that it has a rather pathetic primary attack (but then again i only saw a low resolution version so i couldn't examine it much). It will most likely need heavy ground support (if its attack is indeed "pathetic") however there is a very low chance of this happening. Or maybe not......

9. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    The Phoenix would do great with upgrades and may inherit the Scout thruster upgrade for faster speed.

10. shadow

shadow New Member

NOOOOOOooooooo......... first they take the dragoon away and now the scout too!!!
    the scout is the best stacraft unit ever!
    the scout is the fastest unit and most mobile in the entire starcraft exsept scurge. when fully upgraded the scout have the air to air firepower of a battlecrusier and a ok air to ground weapon, and it just looks realy AWESOME.

i will miss the scout and the dragoon realy. but not enought to deny starcraft 2.
    the phoenix is not better in eny way that the scout, it is to slow. i like the phoenix realy much, not just as much as the scout.

of respect of blizzard and everyone else i give my vote to the phoenix since i am a starcraft fan and thinks starcraft 2 is awesome, even if it will miss some of my faborites.

11. paragon

paragon Guest

the phoenix combines the powerful air attack of the scout and the quick attack of the corsair into one midrange priced package. The Scout was way to expensive and the corsair too fragile.

12. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

i despise the phoenix full stop :\

13. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i think the attack of the pheonix vs ground and air will be the same as the wraith's burst lazers. However, it has the overload ability so that balences it out.

14. paragon

paragon Guest

i think it's ground attack will be a little more powerful than that of the wraith actually

15. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

who are you! dragoon sucked, it was a walking retard, which always got itself stuck. scout was USELESS because of the worst ground attack imaginable, and it was like the ferrari of things in starcraft. phoenix, has a much better attack which includes the overload. it kicks ass!

16. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i accually liked the dragoon. The best AA i got becuase I never feel like getting air.

17. paragon

paragon Guest

Except that it costs so much no good player would bother getting them

the scout is a waste of minerals. it is not worth it's weight in minerals or vespene gas. 10 out of 10 experts agree, the scout sucks.

Your favorites are two of the worst units the protoss had.

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I really hope the phoenix has similar attack to the scout, I rely heavily on scout victory fleets to maintain air dominance during a game.

19. DontHate

DontHate New Member

I don't understand how the goon is so bad. It has decent range when upgraded and good vs air. Also it wasn't that expensive. Sure it's a bit clumbsy at times, it's not like it's a major problem.

20. paragon

paragon Guest

it was large but certainly not in charge. it was easily killed and while the range upgrade did help a lot, it was very clumsy most of the time. Especially when it was in large groups