Scougelings

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by The Watcher, Sep 23, 2007.

Scougelings

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by The Watcher, Sep 23, 2007.

1. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

We have all by know seen the banelings, and there have been a few thoughts on possible other types evolving from zerglings, and my thought on this is Scourgelings!!. thinks about it two different alternative bomber roles for one unit, seems fitting doesn't it? It also is a possible explanation for the much debated wings.

well I'm not sure what to write after that so hi!! I'm new and wish me luck here.

2. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    First to say hi to The Watcher. Hi Watcher.

So you could evolve your Zerglings to ground or air kamikaze? That's not a bad idea, except if it would cost double what a Scourge is, I'm sure Blizzard wouldn't add it unless the evolution just costed vespene.

3. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

that makes sense seeing that it gains numerous adbantages by gaining flying and most likely would be a later tier upgrade

4. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Probably just need the Spire then like in the old games.

Even if you could make Scourge at the start, what's the point?

Early Overlord bombing? If you went for your enemy's Overlords, they'll go for yours too.

5. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

well I think it would be a worthwhile feature

6. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Without cheats, the Zergling to Scourge evolution should be quick, since you did take the 30 or so seconds for the Zerglings.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I can't see this working due to costs. I think Scourge are fine.

8. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

Ya, basicly a mirror unit to the baneling

9. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    The baneling is enough, and the scourge is fine as it is. I would rather see an other early game, small unit. That would make the zerg more dinamic, and it would look better to have a rushing army of 2 types of units.

10. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

my idea of scourgelings are winglings -- a scourge evolving to an air melee attacker.. posted about it along time ago

11. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

How are the Zerglings going to change into Scougelings, float?
    And winglings are worse, because mutalisk fulfil that role, making that pathing useless. And mutalisk cannot go, because mutalisk are needed for better air evolutions...

12. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

hi Watcher

i post somethin like that idea but the difference was that i thought that scouge somewhat fit the name better...

but anyways that would make sense because the zerg kinda make me think of a race that uses every way possibe to kill the enemy, i mean theres flippin conusme on the defilers!

they lings would go into an egg like thing and then the scourge would just break out like in sc1...

i would put them as a later level evo because the only reason their used is for killin carriers and bcs
    i used them a lot also for ovie bombin... its kinda cheap but fun

13. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Is it me or is it just that i can start to imagine what the new overlords will look like...
    By the way, great idea Watcher, so its basically a replacement for the Scourges eh?

14. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

ty for the complenment, I can seriously see blizzard doing this

15. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

if it's a replacement for the Scourge,that would be ok.if it's not,then just no,because we don't need two kamikaze flying units...

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

if this mechanic is used, then the evolved unit should simply be called scourge, not scourgeling

17. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    But in that case you would just have two different ways of creating one unit.
    Doesn't make much sense to me because it would take alot more time and recourses to create a Scourge that way. :-/

I would prefer to just have the banelings, I guess it would make the Zerg to powerfull this way, see below for my explantion:

When you have a large army of Zerglings and rush to a base, your Zerglings are destroyed pretty easily. BUT, if you would retreat the almost dead ones, you could quickly transform them into suicide units and wipe out the rest of the enemy, because it doesn't matter how much HP a Scourge or Baneling has. With a normal Zergling rush you can be stopped by ATG units, but by giving the Zerg even more ATA power, they cannot be stopped anymore. Because the weakness of the Zerg was that they couldn't have a strong airforce in early games, and now it's way overpowered. (by adding this Scourgelings)

18. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

What I wanted to say, you put it all down in your post. Swt.
    Anyway, zerglings would be overused if this pathing was applied. Hydralisk only purpose would be for lurkering and the ultralisk zergling combo would be so imba because the zerglings suddenly evolve into scourges and pwn everybody's air force.

19. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

yeah,the Zerglings would simply be THE most overused unit.you want to make a rush ??use Zerglings.you want to quickly destroy enemy's buildings??use the Baneling,the evolved form of the Zerglings.you want to quickly dispose of the enemy's air force ??use the scourgelings !!!

that would be far too much.leave the Zerglings with only the Baneling,and it's good enough,imo...

20. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

point vindicator, it needs to be more diversified, but still I thought it made sense all things considered.