sc2 on my laptop HELP!

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by AngusThermopyle, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

sc2 on my laptop HELP!

1. I know you all have answered many "will my comp/laptop run sc2" questions but please answer one more. I bought a new laptop before i heard the release date of sc2... im not too savvy on the whole graphics card thing so im not sure how well mine will fare. Your input is appreciated.

Toshiba Satellite L6705-S7018

Operating System Windows- 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    CPU Type- Intel Core i3-350M 2.26GHz
    Screen- 17.3"
    Memory Size- 4GB DDR3
    Hard Disk- 500GB
    Optical Drive- DVD Super Multi
    Graphics Card- Intel HD
    Video Memory- Shared memory

Graphics
    GPU/VPU- Intel HD
    Video Memory- 64MB – 1305MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
    Graphic Type- Integrated Card

2. asdf

asdf New Member

nope. intel graphics = lose.

3. Mako

Mako New Member

Agreed I doubt you will be able to run the game.

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Not even close.

5. Amduscias

Amduscias New Member

Cologne, Germany
    You know its shared memory, so the video card uses some of the RAM, too?!

Back to topic: There are pleanty threads out about "does MY pc run sc2", "will MY laptop be able...."....honestly, you're not the first to come over with his laptop (i will never understand how someone thinks "Hey, im gonna buy me a new LAPTOP to play games" - laptops, even "gaming"-laptops, are not mobile game-stations) and posting the specs .... whoho! One more intel HD. you're out.

What we would appreciate much like you appreciate an answer buy us: Before posting, READ, SEARCH, SPECIFY your question. For example, if you have read just 2-3 threads in this forum, you'd have you question answered. You than could have asked if this is for all Intel HD's -> Yes

6. Odysseus

Odysseus New Member

Basically it will run, of course. But I guess you will have only around 10-12 FPS (?), even on lowest graphics settings... there is a reason why a recent 3D games requires a somwhat recent 3D graphics card. Intel HD chips are designed to play HD videos (thus taking away this task from the CPU), and not to render 3D games... :(

7. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Member

Actually, I seem to recall seeing a review where these new CPU/GPU from Intel are delivering ~15 FPS on WoW on the "Good" preset. It's quite possible that it might deliver playable framerates on low with SC2. Besides, being an RTS, I reckon even 20~30 FPS would be acceptable. Just need to wait for retail to see people trying it on all sorts of hardware.

8. I appreciate the smug retort. I didnt buy a laptop to play games. My old laptop took a **** and my wife needed one that day for online classes. I bought this one primarily for that, and a few weeks after i noticed the release date for sc2. Had i seen the release date sooner i would have definately took a few more hours to research the graphical capabilities needed for it, and ultimately i wouldnt have decided upon this laptop.

Since i just bought this i cant afford a gaming desktop right now (im in the navy i dont make tons of money), and wanted to know how this machine would do. I posted this 5 mins before i left for work so i apologize sincerely for defiling your beloved forums with 1 more "will my rig run sc2" thread.

To the two people who gave me some useful information other than "YOU LOSE!-YOU'RE OUT!" or "SORRY YOUR **** SUCKS- TOO BAD- NOT EVEN CLOSE," thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
  9. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I doubt it was necessary to post your question there and then, before leaving for work because you wanted to check the answers at your workplace and intended to buy things on your way home going by what the responses said.

I'm sorry but you had these responses coming. And it's not about you defiling our beloved forums. It's about 10 people doing the same thing every day and about the 3 people who keep the site clean... for free. If it's any consolation, others are treated likewise.

10. yeah you misunderstood what i said completely. government computers have filters on them so i cant look at anything involving video games, even forums about games. i bought this computer over a month ago, and now asked about the gpu. where exactly did i say anything about buying something on the way home depending on the responses?

read more carefully next time.

11. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    That was my hypothesis for the reason you had to post your question 5 minutes before leaving for work and thus not having time to search. I'll rephrase it to make it easier for you: why did you post your question 5 minutes before leaving for work? Couldn't it wait until you get back and heaven forbid do some searching instead of expecting others to readily present you answers?

Scratch that, this wouldn't go anywhere, plus the question was answered, so I'm locking this.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.