SC2 Mod help

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by SaintTrigger, Aug 7, 2010.

SC2 Mod help

1. SaintTrigger

SaintTrigger Guest

Hello all,

I am new to SC2 modding, but have figured out quite ab it just by looking around in the editor, seeing which things are linked to which, etc. So I have made a pretty simple mod, but I was wondering how I actually load it up in game. I haven't created any maps, I just want the mod to work on all of the single player vs. AI maps. What process do I have to go through to actually play my mod?

Thanks

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Try opening your mod in the editor, then clicking "Test Document" under the File tab.

3. SaintTrigger

SaintTrigger Guest

I have already tried that. However, you need to specify a default map to test the document on. This is weird because you cannot specify a path, only a name. You can't browse for files or anything. So I tried opening a map in the editor, adding a CPU zerg player, and gave the player control of the terrans. I renamed it and saved it, and then used the name of that file as the "default" testing map. When I did test document, it started up with that map, but not one of my modifications was in game. So the game is obviously not reading the mod file, even with the 'test document'. I need to figure out how to make the game read this file. I have already tried opening the SC2mod file with StarCraft 2, and SC2 loads up, but again, the game doesn't read the mod file. It just lets me play the normal game. Why has blizzard been such a **** with this game? They give us powerful modding/mapping tools, and then don't allow us to use our content. Idk. But if anyone knows how to get the game to read a mod file, that would be awesome!

4. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Make a map, then edit its dependencies to ONLY include those of your mod.