Sc2 Icons as avatars

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Hunter_wow, Nov 21, 2007.

Sc2 Icons as avatars

1. Hunter_wow

Hunter_wow New Member

I guess that starcraft 2 will be similar with warcraft 3 when it comes to levels and icons for the profile. What I would really like to see then is that this icon will be possible customise as an avatar for forums and so on.

Example: When the icon is changed in game the avatar is changed into the forum and it should also be possible to choose if the level of the account should show up or not. Would also be cool if it was possible to choose between 3 diffrent frames(or more) for the icon in the forums(or whatever it will be used for).

Or maybe it is already possible to get a link for a warcraft 3 account and get the pressent icon with the correct url?

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

that is from the battle.net forums isnt it?

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I don't think this is the right board to post this on. It should be in "Forum information, Questions and Feedback." :thumbup:

But about your question: are you even talking about these forums, or just about battle.net, like ijffdrie asked?

4. Hunter_wow

Hunter_wow New Member

I´m talking about all forums who exists. To maybe clarify what I mean:
    Lets say we are having a discussion whos best at sc2 in this forum. Then it would be nice if Blizzard made it possible to be able to post ONE picture who are showing your starcraft2 level, current icon in starcraft2 and starcraft2 account name.
    Became clearer now what I mean? :)

5. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Just like on battle.net?
    I would say that if you want to show people how good you are, just put a link to your battle.net account in your signature on all of your forum accounts. And if that isn't enough, make a screenshot of your server ladder. I don't think you can obligate all forums to use the same avatars and icons the way you are proposing it.

6. Hunter_wow

Hunter_wow New Member

That was one example of usability...
    They might have the pressent avatar for the user. The question is if the link for that picture is fixed & updated and possible to use.

Dame. This seems to be hard to describe ^^. What I am trying to say is that it should be a link looking something like this:
    http://starcraft2/profile?=Name%Frame=2%level=Y%Name=Y
    Who returns a picture for the Player "Name" with the frame number two and showing both level of the player and name who COULD(if wanted) be put as an avatar at forums, facebook, clanpages and so on.

7. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

I'm sure Blizzard will make something like that, if not Blizzard someone else like all the WoW signatures going around. Don't worry, your ego will remain intact when SC2 comes out, there will be something made for the avvy that shows your skill level.