SC2 heroes and units real life size?

Discussion in 'Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc' started by zeratul11, Jan 28, 2008.

SC2 heroes and units real life size?

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

http://larcenciel-11.deviantart.com/art/sc2-75832761

i made this as a protype version (ugly) coz right now im asking for opinions if the units size are correct.

so then i can start making the real and neat version of this. and im still waiting for new blizzard sc2 artwork. the more units the better. 8)

2. Light

Light Guest

Re: sc heroes and units real life size?

I think the hydralisk, tychus findlay, the archon are all too big.

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

Re: SC2 heroes and units real life size, artwork.

yes i really dont know the size of an archon. well imo i like them that big and i wish they were that big. just imagine a bigger archon looks better while attacking a tank. 8)

tychus well his 6'7" but im not sure how many inches will add up if you wear the marine power suit.

and the zealots are 8 to 9 feet tall right?

about the hydralisk? im not sure.. i need more opinions.

i

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

That's an awesome pic. If you weren't going for the sizing of things, I'd say it's perfect (The TA is a perfect background)

As you are....

It's like GM_k said. Tychus, the Hydra, and TA are too big.

Tychus needs to be shrunk a small bit. Hydras are about the same size as a Marine, so a little smaller that Tychus. The TA needs to be about the same as the Immortal

5. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I would say the sizes look pretty good except Jim looks to big Zeratul looks a little small and the Hydra is to big I am pretty sure they are a little bigger than a Zealot which are a little bigger than a Marine, but they are not the size of an Immortal. Also I think the TA is just right but thats me.

P.S. This should be in Fanart so:[me=LordKerwyn]casts Teleport Thread: Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc[/me]

6. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I agree that hte Hydra could be smaller, it is only a bit taller than Tychus I think.I don't know, it is a bit weird for the immortal to be this small.. You have cutted it from an artwork where it is shown way bigger than zealots. I know it was an artwork, but I think that kinda hugeness is still there in the unit somehow.. So that doesn't fit the picture.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished pic :)

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ok thanks guys. and thanks fenix. =)

yes im quite excited about making the finish version of this. i think im going to include valerian and kerigan.
    i need more artwork from blizzard.

i guess the hydra is a little big. but in some ghost sreenshot, nova looks really small compared to the hydra. anyway im going to fix this one.

immortal should be a little more bigger since its a walker tank destroyer type. but im still having a problem because the immortals head should almost be the same size with the zealot. i decided to change and make the bigger. ^^

i think the TA looks good being tall and big so i wont change anything about it. =p

8. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    The Hydra wouldn't be that tall. Around the size of a zealot..

I think the reaper would be a bit bigger then that aswell.

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ha? the reaper is not wearing any power suit so i expect him to be the same as raynor.

yes about the hydra it should be smaller, but i dont think it is the same size as the zealot. hydra is a taller. anyone here seen some screenshots in sc ghost? the hydra sure is bigger than what tehy are in scbw in game.

while im waiting for some more artworks... i wanna share you a game im currently playing.
    http://www.winterrowd.com/illusions/

enjoy. 8)

10. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Well blizz haven't revealed anything for a long time now.. (maybe it is only long for me), and I wait artworks too because I like to use them as backgrounds on my phone.. ahh And I want a trailer about Zerg, with Hydra, fighting against zealot. Than we could Finish this arguement :)

And at the game.. Well I am too sleepy to be scared :p

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

too bad for me, i summersault backwards after the exorcist girl appeared and screamed. 0.0

yes why are there only few starcraft 2 artwork and why does some looks mediocre compared to official blizzard artworks of warcraft. warcraft has lots of GREAT artworks. =\

just look at the artworks of the thor, banshee, tanks, phoenix etc... they look like there was little effort put into it etc. i know its only a concept art, but if they are not planning to make some final original version ones then they should at least make the concept look nice.

maybe blizz artist like samwise prefers mythological stuffs than sci fi one. but they need to do more sci fi starcraft arts bcoz sc2 is coming and hell its about time.

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I like it but I would have thought the Immortal and stalker would be taller and the archon shorter

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    In my opinion, the Reaper, Raynor and that other unarmored Terran look a tad small. I know that they're supposed to be small when compared to Protoss and when not in the Power-Suit, but I still think they should be slightly taller. The Stalker also looks a bit small, but it suits because it looks as if it's hiding in the shadows, so it'd appear less obvious. The Hydralisk looks perfect. Some others have said that it's a bit big, but I strongly disagree. Hydralisks are bigger than Marines and Zealots, so it look about right. The Archon might be a bit big if you want to go for realism, but as Praetor Fenix said, it's great as a background. Maybe if you want it to be smaller, you could just have it higher up, like it's levitating or standing on a small mound or something. That way it'd work as a whole as well as working individually.
    In closing, it already looks very good! I'm surprised you said it was just a draft!

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

lets say raynor is 6'1" at least the zealot is 9 feet tall. IMO i think i got it just about right.

yes i agree the hydralisk are bigger than the zealot and marines. it was not obvious in scbw in game but they should be BIG.

yes thanks. this is just a draft, you can see some erased parts on units and the cutting or extracting of the units are not neat. anyway i will postpone this for awhile, im still waiting for more artworks from blizzard. ^^

15. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I think the Zergling is bigger in real life.
    But it's a great picture! :thumbup:

16. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Aww LT you are right! But only a bit bigger. Almost half the height of a marine I think

17. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Grah, you scared me.