SC2 and my PC system

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by DoSrsCa88, May 29, 2010.

SC2 and my PC system

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by DoSrsCa88, May 29, 2010.

1. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

Will Starcraft 2 work alright on my PC?

I have 2 GB of RAM, Windows Xp SP3. Nvidia Geforce 7300LE and an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz which can be overclocked if necessary but hopefully I need to do that. According to the SC2 Beta requirements my system doesn't meet the recommended requirements completely. But it isn't down at the minimum requirements level completely either.

To be honest I am not completely fussed about the graphics being perfect on my system. So long as they are half decent if I set it to a lower level.

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  2. zaner123

zaner123 New Member

Washington, USA
    I think your computer will work OK.

Personally, I don't care a whole lot about graphics. On my old comp, I had to run them all on the lowest settings.. but.. while actually playing, I barely even notice the graphics.

3. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

And let me just comfort you by saying that pros play on medium

4. jasmine

jasmine New Member

England
    Do you know what is the rationale behind that?

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
  5. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    The same behind pro Quake III players using lowest settings: highest FPS, least clutter, clearest picture (being able to distinguish things, not clear as in sharp), etc. Pro players don't even see details even if they're on highest so they don't bother. It's one of the things I'm glad I'm bad at games - I have the ability to value more aspects.

6. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

OK, thanks! Then I am going to get the game. I have been praying ever since blizzard has been making SC2 that it will work on my computer. Generally I have given up on PC games and have converted to console games but SC2 is the exception. This is because I heard really good things about Blizzard and its games.

I mean the first starcraft is pretty old but it still works on my computer which is fairly new without any problems.

Last edited: May 30, 2010