SC LAN/Direct Connect problems

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Shadow Templar, Nov 23, 2007.

SC LAN/Direct Connect problems

1. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

My cousin is in town and were trying to get some SC LAN going. We have our 2 comps hooked together with a standard USB cable, but when one of us creates a game the other doesn't recognize it. It just doesn't show up on the other computer, therefore we can't join the same game. This only happens with direct connect because I can't get into LAN for some reason. I click on it yet it doesn't open.

The only problem that I can think of is that we are using the same CD key. However, I'm not ultra knowledgeable in computers so I'm checking here to see if I missed anything....

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Na, it's not the CD key. Me and my bro LAN on the same key all the time. We have that issue once in a while too. Make sure you're both patched to the max, and try having the other person create. When me and my bro play, if he creates it, it doesn't show up, but if I make it, it's just fine.

3. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

Hey, thanks for the help. Everything is working fine now. This will really make my cousin's day.