Sanctuary's next champion...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ItzaHexGor, Oct 10, 2008.

Sanctuary's next champion...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ItzaHexGor, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    ...Has been confirmed to be revealed at BlizzCon. All three champions will also be playable.
    Here's a snippet from the BlizzCon booklet:

Hopefully it won't stop there either. I, personally, am hoping for a whole lot more bestiary entrees, lore entrees, environment entrees, and most of all, gameplay videos portraying all of the previously mentioned. As much as I don't support it, I'm also looking forwards to the viewer recorded videos, though they probably won't be as useful as the StarCraft2 ones, and the official Blizzard video's'll have probably already covered everything that's happening in them, except for maybe PVP.

Anyway, that's all beside the point. This's about the new class that's soon to be revealed. They've said it'll anger us, that it doesn't use gunpowder, that it won't be a returning class, and, I recall hearing this although I can't be sure, that it's definitely still going to be human. What could possibly anger us so much?

2. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    I really cant see what would be so controversial, unless hes mounted or something...

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Or she. :p

That could be, but it would be trickier to animate, and it wouldn't really seem like a consistent sort of character. I definitely don't see it working, so that probably means you're right. Haha.

Angering factors could be guns, which it's not, non-human, which I recall hearing it's not, mounted... What else? When I originally heard it, I thought it would be a character that severely overlaps with the Sorceress/Sorcerer, just as Necromancer fans were angered by the witch Doc, but we've already been told that no more classes are returning, so that cancels that idea.

Whatever it is, I've made it known that I'm going to be all in favour of this character, regardless of how angryifying it is and how much it tears me up inside to do so. From the build up to it, I'm probably going to regret having ever said that.

4. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I don't see how mounts would be so angryfying. I'd actually imagine many people like the idea. Personally though, I don't see just how they'd work in dungeons...

5. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    actually thought about that after i wrote it, couldn't be bothered rewriting.

I don't think it will be mounts, but i'm out of ideas.

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    My interpretation of overmind's mount theory would be that it's one character class that would be mounted. As in, it comes on a mount. Like a Cavalier, Knight or Crusader. Starts on a mount, fights on a mount, levels on a mount, always on a mount. Kinda like how the Barbarian always has a beard, this one would always have a mount.

Just had a thought, along the lines of 'And the Heavens will tremble', what if it's a corrupted Paladin? Doesn't even have to be Paladin really, could be a corrupted anything. Corrupted lesser angel on the greater end of the scale, corrupted conscript on the lesser end. Along similar lines it could be reanimated, although I recall them saying it'll be human. Still, corrupted maybe?

7. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    uhh corrupted paladin? Considering paladins were the good guys, wouldn't corruption make them the bad ones?

8. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    thats what i meant, yes.

I keep thinking that is something was said saying it will be similar to a previous class, but my tiredness could be making that up...

A corrupted class seems like a good idea, wouldn't make me angry but i suppose it would make some people. Corrupted paladin is abit of an oxymoron though...

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Yeah, that would be the general idea of it. Not all of the champions are classic heroes, the majority are probably anti-heroes. It would be corrupted in the sense that, well, it's corrupted, but it would still be seeking to destroy Diablo... Regardless of what price it may take....

*Dun, dun DUH!*

...Aaaaand so on and so forth.