Roverlisks and Behomoths

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by galace, Aug 13, 2007.

Roverlisks and Behomoths

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by galace, Aug 13, 2007.

1. galace

galace Guest

For those of you who have read Shadows Of Xel' Naga you know what I am talking about. I would suggest that they add something like or similar (with the exception of zerglings to roverlisks). One thing I was also thinking was that for like a zerg super unit they made Behomoths a offensive super unit like the Mothership or Thor, that would equalize it.

2. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    The Thor and Mothership are not super units however. That would make Zerg the only race with a super unit.

I also have not read the novels so could you please explain what roverlisks and behemoths are please?

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Roverlisk
    • Roverlisks were an experimental zerg strain used by the Kukulkan Brood in the battle on Bhekar Ro. Created by absorbing the genetic pattern of a dog, the roverlisks were so named by General Duke. In many ways, they appeared to be similar to zerglings, apart from what was implied to be a heightened sense of smell.

Considering that the original StarCraft manual states that the zerg are a highly selective species when it comes to genetic absorbtion, only assimilating genetic patterns from animals at the top of the food chain, the decision to assimilate the genetic of a domesticated animal seems strange. However, it was stated that the zerg queen which assimilated the dog's DNA did it as an "experiment", presumably wishing to test the creature's capabilities before inducting it fully into the swarm. Also, Kerrigan was in charge of the brood at the time, and might have had less stringent standards than the then deceased Overmind.

Regardless, the Kulkulkan Brood was wiped out and possibly the canine genetic material along with it. Perhaps due to this, roverlisks have not been seen in the swarm since the incident

Behemoth
    • Behemoths are "the largest space faring creatures in the chartered galaxy." Immense and docile creatures and bearing resembelence to manta rays, behemoths travel through space by using their own energy, presumably as part of their metabolism. Given the speed at which they can travel, they are seemingly able to harness enough energy to enter warp space.

Behemoths were incorporated into the Zerg gene pool when they passed close to Zerus, lured in by the psychic beacon of the Overmind. This gave the Zerg the ability to travel through the vacuum of space, allowing them to leave their homeworld. Although the Overmind could create its own gateways into warp space, the behemoths seemingly still remained in use, given that, due to their immense size, they could act as organic assault carriers, able to carry even Overlords in the folds and pockets of their sprawling bodies.

The Behemoth info implies the Overlord is huge as well. Hope that helped.

I can see the Roverlisks being in game as a fast strike unit, but the Behemoths are rather impractical, as they're likely the size of a small/medium continent.

4. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Then why not create a behemoth jr. but not function as transporter but perhaps something like the state of a valkyrie attk like acid bursts in space with AOE dmge for a change.. but that was just an idea lol

im not really fond of roverlisks entering the SC2 world coz we already have the zerglings ang banelings maybe we should stop producing minor creeters for now IMHO....

but anyway anything can change so better if we just wait till maybe november for the zerg launch
    (novembers just a guess coz its creepy holloween season for the exposure of the creepy creeps lol)

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Behemoth sounds great! Having it like a secondary zergtransport would be cool. it sucks to lose supply when transport fails. This way you can even remove the Overlord transport ability.
    This would make the races even more distinct, cause then zerg would be able to carry more in fewer transports.

6. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

what the hell would a Behemoth do. i'm not dismissing this i deal but i dont see a Behemoth acting like a Protoss carrier. with some self made units that attack for it. That would be extreamly boring to see the zerg pick up this ideal. blizzard really has it's hands full with remaking the zerg.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    this is NOT about making a Carrier-ripoff. this is about a zerg transport.

8. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

ok. this topic should be called overlords remade. the Behomoths is not needed for transport by zerg. The nydus worm the overlord. those are good enough. if they added Behomoths to the zerg unit list and they dont even attack they just move units. I swear i wont play zerg. U can make unlimited overlords so why in the hell would they need Behomoths ??? that makes no freaking sence unless the Behomoths did something eles and it better not be warpung cause that would be cheezy as hell and a rip-off of the current protoss air unit.(i forgot it's name)

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    okay, i forgot the worm when i read about the Behemoth. my apologiez

10. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I like the Behemoths

11. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

i like the Behomoths and all but they need an ablity along with carring units around that makes them worth putting in SC2. I dont dismiss them 1 bit but what in the hell would they do in a zerg like style to make them worth of being SC2???

12. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    I think they are better suited for the story aspect of Starcraft and not actual gameplay.

Same with roverlisks, I doubt they will be in SC2 since their story as already told and they have met their demise.

They wouldn't serve as a viable unit anyway since Zerg already have zerglings.

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    and scraping the zergling to make room to a dogpoo will make santa sad :(

14. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

The roverlisk is pointless but the Behomoths is still in use if i'm not mistaken.

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

behemoth? such a wasted name if its only good for transport. i always though of it as a giant killing monster. behemoth jr. lmao

16. Blackskies

Blackskies New Member

Just an Idea but the Zerg rely on the infestation and quick spreading of base and units. So it would be a good idea to have a large behemoth that maybe could act as a super carrier and land a larger amount of units then the Overlord giving the swarm a simpler way to spread its colonies and armies.

17. xasterothx

xasterothx New Member

o shit...they should make the behemoth appear in the beginning of every zerg campaign and drop off your army...ooo....

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Actually, the Behemoth DO fit into Zerg! Just remove Overlord transporting capabilities.
    Then, Zerg will have; the worm, for instant transport to a location. The Behemoth, for heavy transport. Its able to carry perhaps the double than a dropship, and it has more hp and armor, but is a little slower.

19. slugonice

slugonice New Member

Let the behemoth stay in the cinematics or as what xasterothx suggested... sounds uber kewl

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    plz dont use bold when posting its 1annoying 2offending, it really feels like you are yelling..