Router Help

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Hodl pu, Jul 18, 2010.

Router Help

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Hodl pu, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

So my girlfriend and I were forwarding the SC2 ports 1119 TCP/UDP and 1120 TCP/UDP to her router.
    When finished, I realized a Static IP wasn't set up. Shortly after, her internet died. ALSO, when we tried to log back
    in to undo changed and set back to default, the router's log in window wouldn't pop up anymore (even when directly plugged in). All she gets is "That page does not exist."

We also came across a few other discoveries, the wireless is not getting picked up, but plugging in directly works fine for connecting online. EXCEPT her laptop, which was initially used to forward these ports.

After examining more, it turns out her IPv4 address has also changed.

Most of what we did is pretty similar to this site.
    http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Airlink101/AR625W/StarCraft_II.htm

EXCEPT for step 1, setting up a Static IP on her laptop.

INFO
    Router Model: Airlink101 AR625W
    Internet Provider: COX
    Modem Model: Motorola SB5101

So, anyone have any solutions?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. Compute01

Compute01 New Member

California
    help on the way

well if i read your post right and you set your router back to default then your routers ip address might have changed especially if you statically set it up, plus your wireless might not work because in the default settings it might not broadcast its connection and you have to turn that on. or something is screwy with the way your encryption is set up. but there should be some kind of guide as to what the setting are when it is at default and then you can log in using that info and configure from there, I hoped this helped. :)