Roach vs Nuclear Blast

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Gardian_Defender, Apr 23, 2009.

Roach vs Nuclear Blast

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Gardian_Defender, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    I was sitting here just thinking cock roaches can servive a Nulcear Blast(at least the ratiation part)
    So why not make the roach be able to live through a Nulcear Blast from the terrans. This would add
    to the Zerg effect. Even if they only servived 3matrixes away from the initial bast but if they were in the last few matrixes after the 3matrix then they would live or have their health got down to oneHP

Suggestions plz
    (I think this would be a very cool thing.)Think about it u send in a ton of roaches and a nuclear blast goes off as a last deffence. The roaches in the middle of the blast would die and the rest be striped of like (maybe even 99% Or somhing) of their health. This would weaken them giving it a seccess rate of workingband yet still letting your aponent fight back

Any info is appriciated =]

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    While burrowed, maybe. That would have 2 advantages:
    • make more sense to survive the blast
    • hide their ugly and unnatural model from me

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

With the regen rate of roaches, it would make near any kind of damage null, as they could just burrow.

I personally don't like it too much, as a nuke is generally considered to be the most deadly thing. Also, they the Zerg Roaches share only their resiliency with their namesake, not necessarily all their 'features.'

4. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i have a feeling the name is going to change. I betcha Roach is just a name place holder.

5. karlo

karlo New Member

SOL system
    yay

do we have to go to mythbusters now? yay, Roaches can resist nuclear radiation, NOT nuclear blast, because it would simply turn roaches into dust. Simple as that, if there will be radiation after the explosion, then that is something insects can resist.

EDIT: sorry i didnt finish reading your post

Fenix likes this.
  6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I was also going to mention the radiation part, but you beat me to it. Good post. Nothing can survive a blast like that, at least nothing biologic.

Also
    I also think we might see a name change. The Roach has little in common with the roach here on earth. Further, no other Zerg or Protoss unit resembles anything we have on earth. Well, zealot is a word, but the Terrans should be the link to earth. Zerg and Protoss are aliens that the Terrans have very limited knowledge of. They might call it a roach because it is hard to exterminate, but it just reems out of place here.

7. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    Exactly!!

Blizzard was probably having a hard time finding a name for a unit that can regen super fast and just called it a Roach.

Who knows? Maybe everyone will like it and keep that name.

8. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    When I complained everyone liked the name. :(

i think it's been said, fallout radiation is not played out in starcraft and in space there would be lots of radiation so any zerg unit should be able to survive in high levels...

9. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Why not call it the regenling then? They thought that the crappy names for the morphaliks and changeling would be good. :p
    Those names are really, really bad. They just describe the function of the unit, add no personality to it. That seems wrong to me, and it messes with the other cool names in the lore. So wrong, it is almost like watching your grandparents make out or something. XD

But seriously: does anyone else think that names should be more then just an indication of what an unit does? They also changed the Guardian to Brood Lord. That might just be for similar reasons.

10. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I think Roach is a good placeholder, but doesn't fit the game as it is. There are many, working on the game, I think there is a possibility even of replacing or removing the unit.
    Like the Nomad has been replaced, the Soul Hunter removed and so on. Still nothing is for sure. :)

11. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    But the nomad and soul hunter were changed so early in development, i doubt we'll see a full replacement or removal but i'm hoping for a name/model revamp.

12. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I agree with you, but right now we are still not at the end of the development. And who know? Maybe they have "secret" units planned.. Things already change day by day:)

13. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    lol regenling is just as bad as the one i came up with for brood lord...broodalisk

xD

14. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Roflisk. ;)

Seriously though, I'm making a poll on this.

15. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Good idea, I see playing with the names could totally ruin the game if Blizzard wouldn't care about it :D

16. karlo

karlo New Member

SOL system
    Hmm good point, though radiation already plays a part in space, of course naturally there would be radiation in space, but in the battlefield, like aurora said, no nuclear radiation remains after the blast, like C&C Generals

Loltralisk XD ;)

17. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    i kinda like the name the roach, easy to say.. its hunter seeker missile that sounds funny when saying it pluraly or any way really.

18. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Ok neat things are said but does anybody think that this would accually be useful at all???
    even if the names are changed may be it could be an upgrade that every race has in Common.
    And it would allow u to save some units to have a 20minute long time that they would be imune
    to ratiation.

And let's get back on subject plz

19. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

QFT

I'd even say it would vaporize them completely.

If they end up adding a radiation effect (that I've suggested like 40 times), I can see it being immune to that for sure though.

Also, karlo, I think this is your greatest post of all time. Gratz.

20. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

The whole reason the can survive is because of their lack of soft tissue so it depends on how much soft tissue they have but ya they did do that on mythbusters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-6cIy_s8pQ