Revert back to Super mothership + tempest !? (Cut the carrier) !?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by SwimSwam, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Revert back to Super mothership + tempest !? (Cut the carrier) !?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by SwimSwam, Nov 30, 2007.

1. SwimSwam

SwimSwam New Member

San Cristobal - Venezuela
    hhm i was thinking that now with the improved interface the carrier is going to be worse, i am a terran player, and i believe that one of the strenghts of the carrier in starcraft is that the interface kinda sucks, but with all this improvements, carriers can become somewhat obsolete.

first: you will be able to select all your anti air turrets, and directly hit the carrier, on sc1 you can only pick one tower and its kinda f**ked up

second: vast improvement on the user interface will make easier to movilise troops and target the carriers.

third: units like the phoenix will totaly own the carriers (overload kicking interceptor ass)

fourth: with smart casting you can actualy click a spell and one by one select each carrier, for example imagine lockdown (i think its not in the game but its for example only), and using 10 ghosts with the smart casting you can lockdown 10 carriers very easily instead of using every ghost, so we will see (if lockdown were going to be kept), stuff like boxer pulled out against nal_ra

ok lockdown is cut but imagine for example some battlecruisers, you can yamato each/focus, and own the carriers pretty easily

fifth: is it really nessesary ?, i mean i would have prefer the idea of Super Mothership, pre-nerfed vertion and keeping the tempest with the strong anti ground shields and stuff..

i dunno just my 2 cents discuss =p

edit: also i think that when units are fliying they wont overlap each other, like it happens right now with mutalisks, that if you have 12, it looks like they were one only, i think thats going to be harder, so we wont be seeing in sc2, only about 5 carriers when there is rly like 15 (as it happens right now), so this change can also help target the carriers

2. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Re: Revert back to Super mothership + tempest !?

Welcmoe to the site but please look around before making a new thread because these topics have been diccussed to death in other threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.