Redirect New members to Rules

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by BirdofPrey, Dec 1, 2007.

Redirect New members to Rules

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Hey First I would like to welcome back our good ole admin.

Second I would like to ask a favor of ye.
    Out of the 10 newest members (excluding the ones who don't actually post) probably 7 of them have had violations such as double posting and making duplicate topics and had to have several people tell them the rules.

To me this is unacceptable so I was wondering if it would be possible to have new members immediately redirected to the forum rules, FAQ or one of the info threads that contain those items and other generals info.

Possibly have the authentication page only have one link on it leading to one of the said pages.

So say we all

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    That shouldn't be so hard to pull of. Just let the registration page redirect them to the forum rules instead of directly to the forums. (and after that to the "introduce yourself" page, I found out that it existed weeks after I joined, a little to late to introduce myself...)

3. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I read the rules, and I haven't had any trouble. And I'm a new(er) member to these forums. I even use the search functions. Yey for me.

But I agree with BoP, new people are generally ignorent to the forum rules. We should try to have some measures to fix that up.

4. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I agree. I have also noticed lately that some of the new members have been quoting more than they type or breaking some other forum rule. It is starting to really bother me, so I think that your suggestion would be a good idea.

5. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

Lots of these rules boil down to common sense, don't be a dick, use edit etc..

but yes it makes sense, it will also help them in using some of our features.

6. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

i didnt read them but i extensively looked through the forums before i joined
    and i read that last update

7. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Some of the new members also appear to be unable to use spell check, which really bothers me too. (see vent in space junk haha)

8. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I think that this rule should be implemented. When I first joined, I went straight to posting. Fortunately, I knew how to keep myself out of trouble, but others don't seem to know how to do that. A lot of new members seem to like making one liner posts and not really explaining anything.