Reavers

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by CarriersMustReturn, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Reavers

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by CarriersMustReturn, Jun 4, 2007.

1. CarriersMustReturn

CarriersMustReturn New Member

I don't think Reavers were replaced, look at 00;45 in the Artwork Trailer, it shows Reavers under the "QuadPods".

........Mr. Random, out!

Also EXACTLY at 1:32 Looks like a crashed Carrier, In teh Artwork Trailer. (Hope)

P.S. 1:35 in the Stasis or the Crystals, Hybrids?

Well, I might as well call this Secrets in the Artwork Trailer, any other finds?

GRR, well I noticed something else, 1:30, near the Nexus, some weird Dark Floating thingie, maybe a Dark Templar? ???

2. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

I like your name, bub! It inspires me to be optimistic. The "QuadPods" are called Colossi (Colossus for singular) and I believe will replace Reavers whether we like it or not, sad to say...

I'll have a look in the Artwork Trailer for you. There are sure a lot of hidden, one-frame-long things in that trailer! ;)

3. CarriersMustReturn

CarriersMustReturn New Member

Even thought I don't really like having to watch over them in battlefields, I like thos lil' slugs.

Their mass destruction, their lil' robot noises, I'll miss the reavers...If their replaced... ;D

4. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

I'll miss 'em too... I remember the first time I saw them, it was that mission in the original Protoss campaign where I had to kill the Cerebrate with Fenix. Good times! :)

5. Blackmistres

Blackmistres New Member

omg i hope they dont take them out they were so kool i love Reavers just mass death og zerglings
    /cry
    dont take out my reavers :( :upset:

6. coalescence

coalescence New Member

My hope just got thrown away again, the thing behind the big leg in the front, between the reavers looks like a dragoon... and then I mean a normal dragoon (and not immortal or stalker)
    And another thing, such pieces of artwork mostly describe starcraft 'folklore', the fact that they make drawnings of it is because its part of the starcraft universe, not because its gonna be in sc2. But on the other hand, its the gameplay trailer for sc2, I'm divided with myself I guess... damn.

I just hope they're gonna be back

7. Gold

Gold New Member

i doudt there gonna be back, desides, the whole build your own ammo thing is more like a zerg thing.
    go infested reavers

8. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Why is that a zerg thing? There aren't any zerg units that do that.
    And besides, if they would be automatic they would be soooo overpowered.

9. Gold

Gold New Member

it just seems natrual for the organic race to grow there ammo
    while it seems odd for reavers to be able to build enless scarabs
    i nkow the zerg dont actually build there own ammo, but seems like they should.
    since blizzard has decided to go for a more run and gun style gameplay, any units where you ahve to take the time (even if its only a small amount) to build your own ammo will probably get removed, sad....

10. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Don't think so. Protoss have everything premanufactured and stuff gets warped in, but that costs money and gas (thats why archons don't cost anything I guess), Carriers and Reavers are big enough units to warp stuff in.

11. Gold

Gold New Member

actually i never thought of it that way, little reaver warp factorys.
    but like ive said in prevoius threads, i doudt they will be back (this is just my opinoin)

but since the colusus seems to take the reavers ability to kill multple ground units
    also taking the carriers ability to attack at distance

and the warp ray seems to get the reavers seige ability
    whislt taking the carriers flyer spot in the protoss army
    and also being anti heavy air (which may be a new thing for the protoss)

all of these things are watered down in strength it seems, maybe to make the units easier to get and easier to mass, but since we dont know the cost/build time/tech tree of these two new units then this statement is neither true or false, just simply speculation.

opinioin?

12. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Don't know. As I said before, I don't like the whole 'this replaces that' thing :)
    And about the mass effect, I don't know either, but I wouldn't like. Its nice to have some strong units for support.

13. Gold

Gold New Member

i know you dont like it, i think maybe replace is to negative, it is a new game after all.
    blizzard have said that they are having the same amount of units as the last starcraft
    they want to focus on rushing to make games about 15-20 miutes average
    they want to try runnin and gunnin

so tahts where all this stuff that i and some other people ahve been saying comes from.
    in thoery, if we know how the game works now, then when it comes out all we will have to work on is micro.

but warcraft 3 was completley overhualled 2/3rds of the way in, so anything can happen.

14. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    If reavers are still in, they wouldn't be redundant. They would still be a key unit for drop strats.

15. Gold

Gold New Member

i see waht you mean, but they woudnt be used much
    units that can scale cliffs are so much better, and now you only have to build 1 colosus or a few stalkers to harras, much faster than a reaver, a drop ship, all its ammo etc.
    im not saying drop strats will be gone, just i dont see how the reaver fits in.
    i could be wrong though

16. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    It really doesn't matter one way or the other, there'll be different strats all around.

But it really doesn't matter, because I'll be mostly Zerg for a good while when the game comes out. It'll just be a different unit for me to kill, lol.

17. Zombine

Zombine New Member

Well, reavers also add in a lot of splash damage, which might take away from the new massive version of SC with more units rushing. If 1 reaver launching 1 scarab wipes out 20 lings, all hopes of massive battles go out the window.

besides, marines got smaller, more would fit under the splash, more dead marines=more angry koreans

18. Gold

Gold New Member

Youve really got to hand it to them, theve found a way of making the best game ever (by korean standards anyways) even better.
    THey are finding a way to balance the game without any god units, so good.

19. Pix

Pix New Member

Yeah... the real task is to make the game new, while retaining the balance of the old.
    They seem to be doing all right so far, but I guess we will only know when the final thing comes out.
    ~Pix~

20. mc2

mc2 New Member

Wow that's a smart way to balance the game......So they are balancing the 3 races without taking into accounts the mothership and the possible ultimate units of terran and zerg?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.