Reaver

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by paragon, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Reaver

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by paragon, Jul 12, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

There are threads on the reaver's range and on an idea of making different scarab types for the reaver to fire. So, here's a thread about the actual reaver.

First of all, I do not particularly like it.
    Secondly, it seems to have a much different attack this time around.

In the first picture you can see the reaver seemingly charging up and it is longer than usual.
    In the second picture you can see the reaver firing and it is shorter and more compact than usual. Also, a slight arc to the blast seems to suggest that it does not have scarabs and rather has an energy blast like that of the Covenant tank in Halo.................................. yeah...

and it looks like a pokemon.

2. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    lol. it does look like a pokemon! anyway, reavers have a charge now?

3. Ghost

Ghost New Member

As long as it remains the same statistically (in terms of attack power, speed, etc) im fine, it can look like pikachu for all icare.

4. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

You're right, it does look like a pokemon now, which makes it even more cute! *hugs a reaver*

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Im not really that fond of the reaver, but i love their scarabs xD

6. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

I personally think this is cool (scarabs were cool too though)
    And im really getting sick of saying starcraft 2 is copying everything because if you say that then ill have to talk for 2 hours about how it has copied something in another game. There is simply NO WAY of not copying something from another game. id say 90% of everything feasible has been thought up. So STOP saying its copying things.
    *example* Marines = Space Marines from warhammer 40k which came out long b4 SC and also the master chief in halo is just like Space Marines which came out after warhammer 40k. Basically alot of things have been copies from warhammer 40k. http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/witchhunters/catalog/seraphim.htm - this should look familiar and guess what... ITS FROM WARHAMMER 40K!

7. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    there shouldn't be a charge coz reavers aren't the ones attacking. it's the scarabs that attacks. the reaver only assists. but hell, they're sill slowpokes i'll give you that.

8. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea the scarab things look ownaged, cept the reaver doesn't :(

9. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Nay my friend, the scarab is shooting at a flat trajectory, it is just leaving its plasma wake as it tracks its target. It can be swerving to the right to hit whatever hostile unit is there.

Did you enjoy my comparison? :D

And behold, Mario pwns another victim by jumping on it! (I know the Mario is not rendered right, I don't care, it's just something I made to poke fun at why the hell the reaver looks flattened...)

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

hahah. il make something like that too sooner. imagine, maybe you could create a thread like that and we can submit our funny edited starcraft pics there. :)

just change the model of the reaver. or maybe change the name too, or maybe a completely new unit with reaver like ability and movement but not the same model (bye bye reaver) 8)

11. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

i was just gonna say im disturbed of paragon not referencing enough eh. i wonder if he feels good reading:
    probably not anymore xD we gotta teach him to be a more enjoyable person to talk to =O

pikachu *zap* (gg mario ;D)
    think pikachu can disable most protoss with short-circuits? :D

12. Ghost

Ghost New Member

not if EMP doesnt lol.

13. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Wow. I want the old reaver back... so much cooler.

14. Ych

Ych New Member

LMAO IMagine. That was soo funny.

Yea, the reavers are looking too cute in SC2. What is with their legs? I really don't like their legs. The reavers are also looking too beefy and tasty in SC2. I think the Zergs wouldn't mind it looking all beefy and tasty though.

15. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    dreadnought on the right page, terrans are like space marines in just about every way
    also, the reavers are the exAct same as sace marine assault troopers

also protoss=tau and zerg=tyrannids
    but u cant critisize blizzard for that, cus tau and tyrannids came out after starcraft

16. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Wasn't the reaver originally build for some kinda industrial purpose, then was just refitted to build scarabs? anyways, i hope they work on the reaver graphics some more soon, because if they don't, it means they aren't spending any time on it which might mean they're getting rid of it.

OH NOES! :eek:

17. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

I think the reaver looks alright, not the best but its ok. :-\

-Tooper

18. starcraft2

starcraft2 New Member

is ti just me or does the reaver look fat. i mean the other reaver was kinda fat too but this one seems to have eaten too many scarabs. I'm going to miss watching a flying bug shoot out of a golden worm and blow everything to hell, it brings back so many memories of owning. :upset:

19. Lord David

Lord David New Member

Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001
    What are you on about? The concepts of Warhammer 40,000 inspired the races in Starcraft, as the Tyrannids were and inspiration for the Zerg (as the bugs from Starship Troopers were), and no, you can't criticize Blizzard, as they've said time and time again, that it was things like Warhammer and Starship Troopers that inspired stuff in Starcraft int he first place.

20. Frost

Frost New Member

When you look at it, there are a ton more examples of things Blizzard, and others... like Bungie have looked at and used for creation of their games, it's kind of like a circle of ideas going around that the companies can look at and use to make sure we are satisfied with the certain style said company is emphasising.

Examples include:

Starship Troopers
    Aliens
    Warhammer 40k
    Dune

I know there were a ton more, i just can't seem to remember them right now. The dropship from Starcraft1 actually had the same lines as the dropship pilot in Aliens 2 and a few marine lines

Staying on topic, I love the new reaver except for a few twinks that could be made. The armor needs to look more robotic and less organic, the plates need to come together like the first one, and the legs either need to be removed or have a few more near the head and the end of the body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.