Reapers, NOTHING BUT raiders.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Dec 13, 2007.

Reapers, NOTHING BUT raiders.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Dec 13, 2007.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I kinda feel that reapers's role is too limited, kinda like the firebat in SC1, they can raid bases early on. Wee. Thats it though, they are pretty bad combat wise. Low hp, low range, low damage.

Late game with better defenses they wont even be able to harras properly. You caw what one planetary fortress did to them, they could barely pick themselves up to survive.

Colossus and stalkers on the other hand are just as good base raiders, but they are about 10 times better combat units.

We dont know what the zerg will be like but so far the reaper is a bit behind in my book as a unit.

I do understand that the colossus is later in the game, but that doesnt change the other facts. No unit should be useless in any part of the game.

2. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

No duh, look at them!

3. Namor

Namor New Member

I donno how their mine ability is jet, but since 6 can kill a building, they might be used later in game to jump up/down cliffs and toss timed mines on heavy units..... also they are nothing but riders, but they are good raiders capable of taking out structures and killing workers fast with mines ... They will work well when it comes to killing expands...

4. Light

Light Guest

They are used to kill heavy ground units, remember?

5. Namor

Namor New Member

You thinking about immortals???

6. Light

Light Guest

Well yes, with the small pistols being very powerful against the immortal as its heavy shield doesnt turn on.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Marines gauss rifle haxxors the shield too, and with stim...

8. Namor

Namor New Member

yea, i agree... but you will probably put your siege tanks on high ground and when immortals come to destroy them the reapers will be faster to get there to counter the treat...

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Doesn't make a difference. Since Immortals can't traverse cliffs, there's no need for the defenders too, right? ;) If you place your Marines in front of the Siege Tanks, the Immortals would still have to get through them. Same thing if the Immortals try to flee. Stimmed marines will most likely be faster than Reapers, and since Immortals won't cross Cliffs, the chasers don't really have to either.

10. L89

L89 New Member

How many mines do each reaper get? This is the pivot to the overall usefulness of the unit imho.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

12. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    I think reapers are fine, except their weird head bob, clif scales will get past quite a few defenses while mines will blow any turrets in the way. Also they make a great oh $#!& unit b/c of the insta train. They're fine in my book. Btw they probably have infinate mines but the ability's on cooldown. Plus the dual pistols get a :good: for the looks alone, vs immortals and light units like zerglings they hold the advantage.

13. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

i hate how they dance while they fire...

why would you buy reapers to take out immortals?
    just get rines, more dmg, more heath, cooler, and much more range

they are good for raiding the early game but they need an overhaul and they need to get some better damage - i dont care about range too much

14. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    well a damage buff would make em useless against immortals, but how about a RoF increase?
    Kinda like swapping the pistols for sub-machineguns.

15. dadouw

dadouw New Member

Reapers are going to be really useful against big protoss vehiculs. dont you remember the gameplay video? their bullets are too small for the protoss energy shields to block them.

Imagine using them for fast and deadly ambush against the enemy's heavy vehiculs

16. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Reapers are extremely cheap so you are supposed to have large numbers of them and yea with the shield thing it just doesn't activate heavy shields like the Immortal or whatever else has one, also remember their attack is pretty fast, pretty much like Zerglings with jet packs.

Reaper
    Hit Points: 45
    Minerals: 50
    Vespene: 25
    Build Time: 25
    Supply: 1
    Modifiers: Fleshy, Hover
    Size: Small
    Hotkey: R
    Produced From: Merc Haven
    Upgrades: Infantry Weapons, Infantry Armor
    Abilities: D-8 Charges
    Defense: 0 (+1) Type: Light Movement: Normal
    Armament: P-45 Scythe Gauss Pistols, D-8 Charges
    Damage: 4 (+1)
    Attacks: 2
    Range: 4
    Speed: Normal
    Targets: Ground, Air

17. L89

L89 New Member

Meh. Marine > Reaper
    Marine: "Give me something to shoot"
    Me: "Damn straight boi"

18. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Reaper1: ''Knock knock''
    Marine: ''Whos There?''
    Reaper2: *Chuckles in the background*
    Reaper1: '' D-8...''
    Marine: ''D-8 Who...''
    Reaper2: (You hear his jet pack boost him away)
    Reaper1: ''D-8 Charges''
    Marine: ''Ohshi...BOOOOOMM''

Nah seriously tho. You can't say whether the Marine is stronger than the Reaper cuz we havn't seen them fight and we don't know their offical specs

19. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    If a reaper costs 25 gas, it will take a while to get the gas going either way.

Like, you can't rush reapers like you can marines.

20. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

lolwut?

You're saying a firebat rush isn't a rush? So I've been lied to all these years, believing firebats are rushable? aw man.

I think Reapers are good secondary marines against light units. They can prove to be more useful then marines if they have a range uupgrade. Sure, marines have better damage, but reapers can go on a cliff easily and start shooting em up. They'll be just as good. Plus they'll be able to run away to fight another day. Marines are pretty much dead once the tanks or whatever come in. ONly bad thing is medics can't follow them, so they'll need to keep coming back to get healed. So they're like secondary infantry. Not any worse than marines, just different.

Also, the reapers secondary role. They'll be able to pwn buildings. I'm pretty sure the D-8 charges are on a cooldown of like 30 seconds. How friggin awesome is that? Take 10 reapers(which is very possible) and plant charges on a nexus. BAM atleast 500 damage done. 30 seconds later, another10 charges. In a matter of minutes his economy's down, plus the workers probably die from splash. Plus they could take down a thor or a tank. It only takes like 3 seconds to explode. Plus mines can be set at a chokepoint where an army's coming. See a bunch of exclamation marks coming your way? Plant a few D-8 charges! What do you have to lose?

Reapers not only have a one great role, building destroying and raiding, they have another secondary role!
    Don't see how they have a very narrow role or a bad one.