Re: Starcraft 2 StarGate details

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by zeratul11, Jun 23, 2007.

Re: Starcraft 2 StarGate details

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by zeratul11, Jun 23, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

if carriers fits in it.. this things must be freakin huge. i think warp rays and the tempest are almost as big as the carriers.

2. goliath

goliath New Member

looks neat!

3. Malicus

Malicus New Member

I think the new Stargates are very cool looking, the animation is just awsome. Those effects are great!

4. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Wow, that animation is fantastic, you can see the invisible pentagon that goes through it. It looks like they're actually building invisibility.

5. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Is that a youtube videos? Because those ones are blocked, would explain why it isn't working for me... but it could be my computer/connection who is to blame.

6. Zerat

Zerat New Member

looks cool and huge
    when I see this animation I have an Idea .. Some of you propobly remember the cheat "operation cwal" do you think that the animation will be like 10x faster while using a cheat wyth a simiular efect ?

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

this stargate looks very innovative. nice and cool animations too. blizzard is the best when it comes to details.

8. paragon

paragon Guest

texture needs detail like dirt and grime and plating. The animation and lighting is good though.

9. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Paragon that would be more fitting for Terran stuff not the Protoss. All of their stuff is smooth, shiny, and artistic.

10. paragon

paragon Guest

You can have both. I textured and/or modeled almost every StarCraft 1 Protoss building. They are both shiny and dirty.

11. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
  12. paragon

paragon Guest

No... because they are low poly for Project Revolution not high poly. If I had an unlimited number of polygons to use like Breeze then they would be that good. Mine are between 300-600 polygons. His are tens of thousands of polygons.

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes protoss structures should always look brand new.

if we are playing on snow environment i hope snow details will be placed on structures too like in warcraft 3. i hope there is a sand storm effect on the dessert environment, and there are hills all over it (its 3d already, anyway you can't build on top of it ofcourse.)

the 3d models of starcraft are sharp and smooth unlike in warcraft 3, you can still see some boxes on its models.

14. Code X Red

Code X Red New Member

Good job, hands up to Blizzard, agian they take a simple thing and make it a work of art. StarGate looks great.
    :powerup:

15. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

They did an amazing job on improving the Star Gate. Man... i am impressed. :eek:

16. paragon

paragon Guest

Metal has texture. Protoss things are made of metal. But they have no actual texture its just completely smooth and cheap looking.

17. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Well for all we know they may use some other, unknown-to-man material that differs from metal in that way. I dunno.

18. Darkener

Darkener New Member

The Stargate looks shorter than Starcraft 1, but still looks more awesome! The animations also beats the original.

19. paragon

paragon Guest

Well of course the animation beats the first one. They had very limiting technology back then. I'm sure every animation will be a lot better in SC2. I mean most of the buildings either had blinking lights or nothing. The only thing really creative was some of the Zerg animations but that was generally just the building animation and most (all?) research animations were just the building doing nothing.

20. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i don't want to know how many thousands of frames are in that animation. Starcraft II's a gonna be intense