Re: 3) Zerg Sentinel

Discussion in 'Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc' started by coreyb, Oct 10, 2007.

Re: 3) Zerg Sentinel

1. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Wow , that ain't bad! , worth a vote! :p , nice work to the person who drew it!

2. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

pretty nice drawing

3. Quanta

Quanta New Member

I'm not sure how useful it would be but it is a sound concept and well drawn.

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    An imobile melee unit does not sound all that effective.

Interresting picture though

5. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

Depends how long the melee is, BoP. :good: Remember: If I hit you with a 20-foot pole, it's still melee. ;D

I agree with markus. Zerg Sentinel face = win. I'd like to see the animal that the Zerg absorbed to get this... some kinda armadillo/dragonfly thing?

6. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I don't understand how it attacks without moving on the ground.....

Does it "fall" on troops?

7. Bizarro_Paragon

Jon, I'm going to take a wild guess here and assume that it attacks with the gigantic stabby-things protruding from it's shell. Wild guess.

I'm envisioning Siege Tank, but less range, less Kaboom and far more stabby.

Though I'm sure falling on people would be effective too.

8. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Nice work!

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Good design. But it would be completely useless against Terran, they don't have a single melee unit among them.

10. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

I think the creature turns into a rolling armadilo with powerfull frontal claws. So basicly it's not imobile but once grounded it cannot fly. It's a verry good design i must say. And the ideea is nice.

11. beBoy

beBoy New Member

I like it's curl'ing feature. What I don't get is how it attacks - it's a melee unit but it's incapable of moving when curl'ing. Does that mean this creature has to move up next to the target manually and then curl to attack?

12. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    That's the question I was asking, beBoy. Thanks for asking it better.

13. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Can it burrow when in ground mode?

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    No-one will be able to answer these questions officially without telling everyone that it's theirs

15. NateSMZ

NateSMZ New Member

I like the concept - flipped the lurker idea nicely... the drawing is decent too... gives some interesting ideas tho - I like this

16. JBL

JBL New Member

interesting question, if it can burrow, it would be the first flying zerg to be able to burrow.

17. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    It could be useful against siege tanks, just land in front of him and he has to unsiege while the sentinel stabs it, when it unsieges completely it just goes flying again. Of course he'd need to have some kind of special armor (like immortal's) or he would just die from other tanks when he lands, but overall a really nice design and I like it a lot. Deserves a vote.

18. Bizarro_Paragon

Dear god, it's about time. I was going insane not being able to talk about my own unit. ;D

Okay, so first issue, and my biggest mistake. I told Nate about this when he guessed that I had drawn in about halfway through the competition. When I said that it was a Melee unit, I didn't mean it was a melee unit in the Starcraft sense of the term, only that it didn't throw stuff. It attacks with it's lance-arms, so it's melee, but it's still a Ranged unit in Starcraft terms. Yeah, my bad.

I figure yes, it would be able to Burrow, but like the Lurker, it would have longer dig times, and would also have a longer unburrow time than is normal for say, a Hydralisk. This is to prevent spamming just popping a wall of them up and down, but they can still be concealed if you wish. In my vision, the longer time is spent with them uncurling and then burrowing, as it wouldn't make any sense for them to burrow while curled up. Despite this, they would not lose their armour bonus.

EDIT: Yes, I realize I can't draw worth beans. But I liked the concept, so I threw it out there. :good: It took me about 4 hours total to draw, and I'm actually fairly proud of it.

19. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Second all the way :)

20. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

Dude don't listen to that mambo-jambo about bad drawing skills and sh..t like that. It's easy to make coments like 'your drawing skills are bad' though i wonder just how many people on this forums can draw as good as you did. Plus from what i've seen just like me you made it with pencil and papper, without any computare enhancement - wich is the true art of drawing. It's easy to make something look good with the computer by adding all sort of effects and colors and stuff like that but the old fashion way is the hardest yet best way. As for the overall concept it was a great ideea. You had my vote.
    PS : you got skills and don't let anyone say different. Most of them don't know sh..t about drawing when they make coments like that.