Ramps Creepable

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Gasmaskguy, May 10, 2008.

Ramps Creepable

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Gasmaskguy, May 10, 2008.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    This is from an old screenshot but I don't think it's actually been mentioned/noticed so here we goes...

In this picture we can see how the Ovies use their creep ability, but there's actually some creep on that ramp. My guess is that creep can cover ramps now, but I doubt that buildings can be constructed on ramps as no other race can do that. Will this offer any strategies to you? Will this change gameplay in any way?

Is this even news? :p I've missed it anyway.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    They actually mentioned it somewhere, I forgot where of course :]

It will be useful to make poisonous creep on ramps as it concentrates the enemy meaning more damage, just like a Lurker attack.

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Im hoping creep both grows on ramps as well as down cliffs and across bridges

One thing that it would do is allow you to set up defenses at the end of the ramp as well as have multi tier bases without having to build a hatchery on each level

4. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Yeah, I slept when it was mentioned, it seems. Well, if everybody already know about it, this thread will eventually die.

5. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Well we still don't know if creep on ramps is more so for show or if it lends more mechanics to the Zerg. I always thought creep should slow movement for Terran and Toss (wouldn't make much sense for enemy zerg to get bogged down by the same kind of **** at their own base), but I don't want to see much more of this "it works on this race but not your own race". The Zerg already have that with infested units.

6. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Ah well yes.. The Zerg vs Zerg matchup will totally miss the corruptors and infestors. Whatever.. That was a bad choice Blizzard made. I still hope there will be much mosr alternatives to make enjoyable matches. Or maybe the corrupter should be able to hit the Zerg air too.. just like the parasite and the broodlings were also abl to hit Zerg.

Hm I am not sure about the broodling actually..

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Who said the Corruptor can't corrupt Zerg flyers? You're mixing that up with the Infestor's inability to Infest Zerg structures.

8. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    There is always the possibility that Corrupter cannot corrupt Zerg air unit, but just kill them instead :)

9. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Of course they'd be able to corrupt their own kind since they have the same/similar//secondary genetic make up.

10. KacherMB

KacherMB New Member

US -- Houston, TX
    I know this is not a large affect, but your units would regenerate while blocking the choke. It could help a little when you retreat back to your choke.

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Zerg units do not regenerate faster on creep. You're probably mixing that up with the Undead in Warcraft 3, they regenerate faster on blight.

12. me555

me555 New Member

It would be nice to see some creep ooze down the ramp when it reaches the ramp. :)

13. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

lets get down to the bottom of this....

1. What are the advantages of having creep ooze down ramps or cliffs?
    2. Is it gameplay wise balanced to have ramps & cliffs creepable? Why?
    3. Whats the point of spreading alien sauce on the ground if it has no benefits?

(ive also posted a Q & A thread of my own on the "The Creep" thread on zerg units and structures so check it out..) thank you

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  14. me555

me555 New Member

There is no actual advantage (I think), it just makes it more cool or realistic. It does seem a little bit weird if creep was neatly trimmed along the cliff and near the ramp. it needs more life.
    Lets not think about this strategy wise, after all it has little or no strategy. Presentaion is quite important. Though its not a big issue.
    What i will clarify is that creep oozing down the ramp could make it look nice and maybe let it be more distigushable as a ramp as to just still flat out creep covering.
    Yes i do agree it looks a bit useless, but then you can argue why a battle crusier debris slides down a ramp. Whats the advantages in that?
    Im not trying to spark any intense debate though :D

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  15. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

your a jolly type member.... i like that ^_^

exactly... but if its what the community wants then why not?? perhaps this is one of what the editors are debating themselves with various physics and balances that they are bothering with

16. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    I think the advantages of the creep moving down ramps is pretty obvious, you don't have to build a new hatchery at level. This way all you need is to expand your creep to the ramp, and then start building on the lower or upper level. I hated having to build hatcheries for defenses by the edge of my base, and then having to build another to use the lower level.
    Also i think the effect looks cool and for that reason alone it should stay.