Quick infestation question

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by BirdofPrey, Sep 3, 2008.

Quick infestation question

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by BirdofPrey, Sep 3, 2008.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I haven't been following the zerg very closely so I a somewhat in the dark as to the state of infestation. I need to revise the summary for the infestation omnidiscussion before putting it out and am quite certain this is wrong
    If anyone knows more about what triggers infestation and corruption could you please elaborate so I can fix that part.
    Also if you want to the the whole thing and point out any problems the summary can be found here

On a side note I am also taking pictures of infestation or corruption in progress to use as the banner image.

2. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

The StarCraft wiki is a good place to get all the collected info in one place.

"The attack is technically a debuff, which lasts for about two seconds. If that unit is destroyed during this time, it becomes corrupted, regardless of which unit landed the final blow." Reference is from Q&A 41.

The corrupted unit becomes a stationary anti-air turret (even if it was a corruptor, or a unit that was only treated as flying because it was lifted by Anti-Gravity).

Link: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Corruptor

Infestation is a bit more complicated, since there's been at least three versions (April, May and June). To whit, the infestor must puke on a building for several seconds, at which point eight infested marines pop out (if the building is terran), one by one, over the course of about 20 seconds.

Infestation hasn't "solidified" when it comes to the protoss, and it probably will never work on the zerg.

Link: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Infestor

Note - it's all referenced.

3. Thingdo

Thingdo New Member

Thanks for the information Kimera757. I didn't realize that the infestation mechanic had changed so its a limited number of units that come out over time. That sounds like it should be interesting.

4. Zerks

Zerks New Member

doesnt the "anti-air infested turret" die after the original ship dies.

in the trailer it showed them falling to the ground and dying. the infestation disapears too.

-Zerks