[question] how to extract flash from websites

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Aurora, Feb 19, 2008.

[question] how to extract flash from websites

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Aurora, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Does anyone know how to extract those nice flash images from websites? You cannot just right-click on them and save them, so I guess you need some kind of program for it, but there are hundreds of them! I really do not know how they work an which one is the best. (I have been searching on google for hours now, and I am really starting to get angry, just because so many people know how to do it, but there is no one who gives a proper explanation, not even in those programs itself. :-\)

For example: If I would want to get that animated protoss image (the one hat looks like my avatar) from the starcraft2.com website on my computer, what do I have to do then?

Also, when I have that flash file, or whatever format it will be on my computer after extraction, how do I convert those things to .gif files to use them like regular images?

If anyone here has ANY experience with this or knows how to do it, please post an answer here. :'(

2. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I've always wondered how to do that. Please someone explain!

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I don't use any programs, I just look at the source of the page and build up the URL of the swf file from fragments. Then I download it with Flashgot, convert it with swf to avi converter and touch it up in ulead's gif animator.

But if you're after the Protoss commander avy, I can upload it from my PC, 'cause I made it a long time ago :)

4. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I use camxp
    I don't know if that has a freeware version, but my dad has got it on his cpu. This camxp allows you to mark an area you want to record on your desktop. This will be an avi file, and than open it with adobe premier pro, save as gif, and you are ready :)

5. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Thanks guys, with this new knowledge, maybe I will write a tutorial about this when I have some free time. :thumbup:

:powerup: for both kuvasz and hunter for the info!

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    *bump*

I am still having problems with this stuff... :(
    Can anyone write a tutorial exactly on how to do this, or post a link to a tutorial?
    The first one to make me fully understand this will be rewarded! [/speeding up the process]

7. marcusrodrigues

marcusrodrigues New Member

Brazil
    You can always use softs like sitesucker (it is a mac app, but I am sure there must be plenty of this softs for PCs) and get the whole site and use whatever you want :)

8. Sakujou

Sakujou New Member

Is there a way to edit gifs in photoshop and still keep the animation?!

9. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    No, you have to use a tool like ulead or imageready for that, the last one is uncluded with photoshop . No tutorials anyone?

10. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    You can edit moving .gifs in Ps. I'm just unsure of how to load them, because I load them from Ulead with the 'load in favourite image editor' button, but I'm sure there's a way to do it without Ulead.