Question for FF FTW people

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by BirdofPrey, Jan 1, 2009.

Question for FF FTW people

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by BirdofPrey, Jan 1, 2009.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Every time I mention I use something other than Firefox (see speeding up Opera thread) everyone jumps on me and tells me to use Firefox, I have seen the same comment in pretty much every other browser thread. Personally I am not convinced, I use Opera, and it works just fine, and I have tried chrome, and while the interface does not appeal to me, it runs just fine. In addition I use IE on and off and haven't had any security issues. I have tried Firefox yes, I didn't care much for the interface though, reminds me too much of IE6 (granted that was a few months ago) and takes up a bit too much of space at the top of the screen for my tastes.

All that said I have a few questions for all of you who instantly scream out for me to get FIrefox.
    1. Why? I haven't had security problems with the browsers I am using, and they run just fine for me, IE's a bit twitchy about add-ons, but its nothing I can't handle.
    2. Of those of you who push Firefox on everyone, how many of you have tried the other browsers? You can't compare something you have never used and other people's opinions shouldn't be yours.

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    If I ever say 'FF FTW' it's because it works for me. From what I read Opera is just as good (probably better), but not as (new) user friendly.
    All test results I've seen point out that IE sucks though.

3. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I love IE, I have never had any more problems with it than any other browser I use. Most people (I hope) wil come to realize that whether or not most software works is really up to the user, if someone is imcompetent equally across the board then they will have as many problems with FF as with IE or Chrome...

As for why I love IE, pretty much every advantage that is hailed about FF I don't really care about, (and the idea that one is fatser than the other is situational at best). The difference is I hate FF's UI while IE's is far more appealing to me. And just as a counter argument to those that would bring up the topic, I know I can change FF's UI by downloading some kind of addon, but why the hell would I go through the effort when another browser already has a UI I like?

4. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    because firefox has a fox, that's why it's awesome =P

imo, FF went faster than IE when i had it, not as much freezing up issue. i've tried opera and it's a lot smoother than firefox, but i get confused on it, even if i like it better, and i use FF out of habit now, mostly.

5. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    I use both chrome and firefox, for me, they are faster than IE, which is very important for me considering my slow internet speed.

6. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I used to use Internet Explorer, but I turned to Netscape Navigator because I liked it a lot more.

Firefox is about the same for me with Navigator, so I jumped ship because it was pretty much the same...

Which brings it back in a circle because: If it's the same, why change?

Curses.

7. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I use IE, works perfectly fine for me, so I have no reason to change. It goes fast enough for me, only slowdown I have had was when the forums was using the snowing background for xmas.

8. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i used to use Netscape, hated it, then i tried IE for a few years, then i tried FF and found a little bit more than average that FF is faster than IE for me. and so right now im using FF. i havent use the others, but im thinking about it.

9. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I use FireFox for a couple reasons, and I don't push on people....too much....I don't think anyway

For starters, I used to use IE. It crashes on me for some reason. A lot. I also don't care much for how the interface is laid out, as well as the lack of simple UI customization. It's not horrible, but FireFox is simply more intuitive in my opinion, as well as safer.

I tried Opera for about a week after dumping IE, and simply couldn't get used to the control scheme.

I gave Chrome a go a while back, but I guess I just don't adapt well, cause every time I did something, I'd be all "Oh, FF does it like this. It makes more sense that way"

Haven't used NN in like....Seven years.

As far as Safari goes, I think I don't care much for it cause my only experience with it is on a Mac, and I'm not a huge fan of web surfing on Macs

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Just a note: Netscape navigator is dead. They stopped support last year (or was it the the year before?)

11. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I think it was last year since it stopped after I was already on the forums (I heard about it through the forums).

12. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Kinda off subject, but I think most posters in this thread will get a kick out of this

[​IMG]

13. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    lol, I fit under the IE Experienced User. :)

14. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I'm somewhere between Newbie and Experienced User on FireFox. I'm a control freak, but only in the way it looks. As far as functionality, I tweak it a bit, but I'm not crazed.

15. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Firefox Newbie here.

16. Can_2

Can_2 New Member

Texas
    I have used everything from Chrome to Safari, and I like Opera overall eventhough I still use all the other and plus FF has lots of memory leaks, Compare 75k from firefox to 45k from opera and chrome is even less o.0

17. TiNK[E]

TiNK[E] New Member

in a glass case of emotion
    how is chrome btw? i heard it has security issues.. but its still new so, i dont hold that against it. I think firefox is good, but like 2can said.. it does memory leak and recently been kinda annoying with that very reason. I think i might try opera, if you can PM me a link for it 2can

18. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    FF newb x3

19. Can_2

Can_2 New Member

Texas
    Yet another for Opera :D Very nice browser FTW lol :)

20. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    IE is more "AIDS" prone than any other browser
    just sayin