question about how this site works

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by onlyhuman, Apr 18, 2009.

question about how this site works

1. onlyhuman

onlyhuman New Member

i just registered this account like yesterday, so can you please help me on understanding this:

what are minerals, how do you earn them and what are they good for?

why does it say "cannon fodder" next to the square of my profile? what does it mean?

what does the red bar and green bar indicate?

2. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Minerals are used to buy the little icons you see on the right side of some peoples postbits (I have a MS and 2 Carriers), you earn them by making posts and threads, or as a gift for a paticularly good post by a Mod/Admin.

Cannon Fodder, is your current rank, it will change to Corporal after 20 posts and at different intervals beyond that.

The geen bar is an activity meter which is a composite over the last 21 dayss and the orange is something that hasn't been removed yet...

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Why would you want to remove vb experience? It's fun.

4. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Eh, the whole thing wouldn't be removed just maybe that bar, anyways its so much it is likely to be removed as I couldn't come up with a good explanation off the cuff for it. Also, it is kinda redundant with the shop.

5. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Well it's not really that usefull, you are right about that. Just an addition to show activity. But what has it to do with the shop? Nothing in any of the stickies about that as far as I know. Meh, nevermind.

6. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I think it was part of the plan to somehow convert experience points into moneys, or at least have it influence rewards and such. I support its deletion because it's very misleading. The activity bar however is nice. Maybe the reputation thing could be a bit more interesting but this isn't the thread to dump work on admins so...

Welcome to the forum, onlyhuman.