Queen

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Lemonparty, Jul 8, 2007.

Queen

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Lemonparty, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

Most. awesome. unit. ever.
    Wow, that thing can 1 shot almost any ground unit. They are amazing, hell, I did the campaign where you have to fight Fenix as a Dragoon, 800hp/800shield, killed in 1 hit. They're cheap, they're flying units and can destroy any ground units. 10 Ultralisks? np, get 10 queens. an army of Tank waiting for you? Get a dozen of Queens. Meany High Templars killing your Zerglings? Spawn Broodling his face. The only ground units it cannot kill are : Archon, Dark Archon and Reaver. When I killed Fenix in 1 hit though, I was just.. hella impressed.

Hail the Queen!

2. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Queens are meh.

3. Ych

Ych New Member

Expect the Queens to get some kind of overhaul one way or the other.

4. didd293

didd293 New Member

10 queens instead of 10 ultras? 10 ultras + dark swarm can decimate a battery of tanks no problem

5. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

One takes 30 seconds to build and take 100 minerals/gas to be builded. The other require 300/300 or something like that. They're pretty damn useful for killing big units at their cost.

6. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

True. Plus queens can infest, ensnare, which is a BIG help.

Take this. You have 10 queens VS 30 goons.

Every queen spawn broodling twice, except the last one who casts ensnare on the goons. You win.

Of course, that's if the goons dont atk first.

7. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Well, same with Dark Archons, but you didnt see an overuse of them did you? Just think about it, 20 or so dark archons, GG ?

8. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

yep. 24 dark archons with 4 arbiters can pwn a tier 2 base completely, and they'd still have half of them left.

9. Dxun

Dxun New Member

bleh give the defilers all of the queens abilitys lol

10. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Queens were crap.

You know their abilities aren't just magically researched for you, and every queen you make doesn't magically come with 150 energy. 150 for one spell is hella expensive for a unit that can't do anything else, every single queen that you produce will spend most of their time sitting around uselessly as their only somewhat useful spell costs a freaking 150 energy.

Not everything that's impressive on paper is actually good in real games. If you take into account the time for a queen to store up 150 energy every cycle, then think about how much damage other units in equal food can do it the same amount of time, it's really not that impressive. And combat units are on duty full time, unlike queens which are useless 99% of their time of existence.

Ensnare and parasite are also largely useless. There are of course some uses for them, but they don't directly aid you in any battle. They also do not have enough tactical or strategic importance to warrant the production of the queen.

Queens were also the crap because teching useless queens means that you're getting defilers that much later. If you have enough resources to burn on queen tech as to not interfere with defiler tech, then you've already played wrong.

Queens just can't justify their production enough to fit into a Zerg's game.

11. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Parasite no tactical use? If you manage to parasite an SCV while the other player isnt looking or some rine that sits around or any unit, you can see whatever the other player's doing, when he's attacking and what buildings he has. And of course, 1/2 players fail to notice it until it's too late.

12. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

Any ideas of how their gonna remake queens? Thoughts on new spells? Anyone?

13. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

I pretty much think there won't be any queen, but some sort of super defiler. Besides, queens didn't even look zergish, and don't look like any sort of queen either. They looked more like some mammoth head on a levitating rug.

14. thrif

thrif New Member

Hopefully they'll bring Queens back, an awesome counter against bigger ground units. And personally, I liked their style. ;)

15. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I just like watching Queens run into Missile Turrets I've set up and then watching them flip around in a desperate attempt to get to safety but the last missile that hits it kills it in a giant wave of blood.

Fun.

16. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

The only reason i think queens are useless is because its too hard to micro each one of them. High Templar storms kill 3x as much as Spawn Broodling does and it costs 1/2 the energy. Seem balanced? I know high templar have crappy HP cant fly and move rather slow... but they can single handedly kill 20 hyrdralisks... Also once u use up all their energy just merge two of them and vwala Archon.

17. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    I think queens should have a souped up version of broodling that instead of making those units that die in a split second makes 5 larvae that burst out of the unit you target after 10 seconds of infestation, allowing you to kill off some of your own zerglings in a quick fix to get more larvae.

This spell should cost 150 min/gas to research and costs 175 energy

18. TheFearless

TheFearless New Member

go Queens hope they add more abilities to it

19. Ling Rusher

Ling Rusher Guest

I had a recent thought about the queen that I thought would be real interesting to see. Maybe in SC2, the queen could have evolved some more so that it has the ability to land and produce larva, like a portable hatchery. That away you can get troops onto the battle field quicker. Then if nessecary, have the queen start flying again to escape attack, leaving any larva there to die (because as you probably know, larva will die after a certain amount of time off the creep). I think it would make a good addtion to the game, and would open up new strategies for the zerg.

20. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

^
    Very nice idea! Maybe give the portable hatchery like 500 hp and then it evens the fact that it could land on enemy property... although its not really useful, thus preventing it from doing so :p
    :powerup: