Pylon Upgrades

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Aug 20, 2007.

Pylon Upgrades

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    To fix this shield battery problems why not make a upgrade for pylons giving any allied forces in the pylons range shield regeneration and maybe even make it suck the shield out of enemy units. also i propose the protoss probes actually recharge the protoss building shields like terran SCVs repair there bases and mechanical units.

2. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    thats kinda a lot for a single pylon to do, that would make attacking another protoss base nearly impossible

3. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    how about when a pylon is giving its energy to units it does not power buildings

4. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    that would balance it somewhat, but how would the pylons figure out what there doing, a mode that you can switch or something

5. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    when a unit that needs shield regen steps into the range of a pylon it would automaticly switch from powering the base to recharging the units shield energy, they dont recharge building shields that is the job of the protoss probe sort of like the SCV's repairing terran mechanics.

6. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    buildings would constantly be flickering on and off which could be bad, and a really good player could rape because of it you know chasing zealots around with air assaults

7. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    or we could just make each pylon have a amount of shield energy and when a unit in need of shield repair walks into it it sucks the shield energy from the pylon and heals its own shield energy, once a pylons shield energy is out its shield shuts down and the shield shuts itself down leaving the pylon exposed.

8. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    no a switch would be more controllable and less chaotic, but what you said might be fun and challenging

9. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

I don't like probes idea though. As far as I'm concerned repair needs to stay with terran and terran only. Also Protoss units recharge shields hella fast in sc2 when they aren't fighting

10. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    and even faster standing next to a pylon

11. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

Umm it basically replenishes in like 3 seconds so a pylon would do it in what 2? Big deal

Edit: Think Halo shields

12. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well pylons are already upgrades, look at the difference in Starcraft 1 the pylons there dont moved, in short STOCK-UP pylons now much better quality,. nice improvement bliz. we loved ya.

13. venado

venado New Member

maybe the pylons can work as mana fountain in wc3... with a psy stock to recharge close units... or with an autocast ability

14. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

There's no shield battery problem. Blizzard took the shield battery out of the game for a reason. They know what they are doing and the game will be balanced.

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The problem with having pylons used for shield Regen is there is so many of them. They are everywhere thus there is no weak spot. With a separate shield battery you have to choose where to have shield recharges available so there are weak spots that can be exploited making the game more balanced

16. burkid

burkid New Member

the shield battery wont be missed with the new protoss shields which, as brc9210 said, are similar to halo shields; they dont regenerate when the unit is under attack, but once its out of combat, they go up very fast.

17. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    cool works for me, thats a better idea than a pylon recharging shields, its not as complicated and all you have to do is move, and your shields are back up, lots of micro-managing, only down side

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Maybe I am old fashion but I prefer the original shields version.

19. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

What if they will put an ability to the Protoss pylon to warp in to another building weapon? example they will put an ability to the pylon,to upgrade warp it in to a Laser building like that :)
    OUT OF THE TOPIC: BirdofPrey, I just want to apologized for what my brother did,, hope you understand, that guy who powerdown you is my brother, anyway i sen you a PM, regards this, accident imbalanced, well i hope you understand that uhm but dont worry i already deleted his non sense point threads because im agreed that he took it from the oother website copy - paste, so sorry for that , just be calm okey,, im going to back your power level that he took from you without any clearly reason, just wait until 74, hours ok so i can be back your level, any way please reply to my post in PM, nice to see you, :powerup:,

from the real, Protosscommander

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Being able to warp in a turret out of the blue seems kind of wierd. It would also be a little redundant since the phase caonnons can move already. The drop anywhere turret seems like it would fit the terrans or zerg since their defenses can't move. Maybe the ability to grow a low HP spine shooter unit anywhere for the Zerg.