Protoss vs LockDown

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by surr, Jul 24, 2007.

?

think toss will do fine v lockdown??

1. yes my DT will chop em to pieces

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no their goes my machines

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. balanced

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Protoss vs LockDown

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by surr, Jul 24, 2007.

1. surr

surr New Member

I personally think protoss will be owned by lockdown.. tooo many machinarys

warp ray
    phoneix
    stalker
    immortal
    maybe mother ship
    colossus
    probes
    star relic
    tempest

thats more then half their army???

2. burkid

burkid New Member

there were only 5 protoss units in BW that were immune to lockdown, zealots, dark archons, archons, dts, and hts. this is really no different.

3. surr

surr New Member

excpet for sc2 have more unit then sc1 and now their is only 1 archon

4. burkid

burkid New Member

the difference is there are 4 protoss units immune to lockdown rather than 5. before the BW expansion there were only 3 toss units immune to lockdown, so it really isnt that bad.

5. mc2

mc2 New Member

I think it's quite balanced. Blizzard so far has said that the High Templar will have psionic storm. The storm will cause tremendous amount of damage to all units (organic and mechanical) under the spell's influence. And the damage will be done in a short amount of time. Let's assume that the psi storm only uses 75 energy and the lockdown uses 100 energy just like in starcraft 1. That would mean the lockdown is quite balanced because apart from disabling the movement and attack of mechanical units, the Terran will need to have units to actually attack the protoss after it is been locked.

On a side note. It might not make a return to starcraft 2, but the spawn broodlings was very powerful because it's instant death to all terran and zerg ground units. The plague is equally deadly.

And last, let's not forget that lockdown can be used against terrans too. And apart from marine, ghost, medic and reapers, all other terran ground and air units are vulerable to lockdown. So it's quite balanced.

6. Ych

Ych New Member

mc2 hit it right on the spot.
    Lockdown will be indeed be very balanced just like how mc2 stated that the Protoss got the High Templar. Not only do they have the Psi Storm, they also got the Statis Field. If the Statis Field worked in any way similiar to the one from SC1, then it is going to be game breaking. We know how game breaking the Statis Field was in the original SC.

So lockdown will indeed, be very powerful, but then again, so will the other Protoss ability to make up for it.

7. surr

surr New Member

aww i c well that was an interesting note its just i hate those damn carrier lockdowns

8. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

i always found EMP to be much more of a problem than lockdown, but it will definately be as balanced as it was in sc1

9. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

...ye i mean, who wouldnt wanna run their carriers into ghost's

arbiter has always been better though, static field and cloak (+recall in urgent times)

10. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

I believe Protoss will have all the toys they need in SC2 to counter Lockdown. Even though it was annoying as hell in SC1, it was counterable.

11. CapMan

CapMan New Member

i think thats the main protoss weakness, becuase the zerg cant be locked down so its kinda like how the terrans beat the protoss

12. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i dont think ghosts will have lockdown. They already have snipe, they have nuke, and they can call down 6 marines. giving it lockdown would be far too imba. I mean u get all that for a cheap infantry unit.

13. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Yeah, but then you gotta research all those upgrades so thats not too cheap, and I still don't know if you have to make the marines manually or not to use the pod also.

14. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Good point on that. I was saying to myself that Ghosts really can't go without lockdown, but you sort of reminded me Ghosts are loaded in SC2 with some amazing abilities as is. Ghosts would be just a tad too insane if equipped with lockdown. It's not even a matter of imba, per se. I think it's just that who'd want that many choices to micro manage for one single unit? I personally believe that the claim of a particular unit being imbalanced or not has to be compared to a whole, and since the races aren't flushed out, it's hard to make that judgment. IMO, what CAN be said is whether a single unit can be comfortably played, and, as stated before, I think have 4 different abilities to micromanage might make him too laborious of a unit to use efficiently.

15. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Hmmmmm....would you be able to snipe with a ghost if he was in a bunker? If Snipe is like siege mode, then I'd guess no, but still...its an interesting concept...

16. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea... also marines can't stim in bunkers so i guess not. It doesn't make much sense though...

17. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Well, the ghosts are in a stationary place, why wouldn't they be trying to snipe if they have to stay in one spot the whole time?

18. surr

surr New Member

wait let me ge this straight do u rather have snipe or lockdown.. personally i want lockdown because to kill the mechanics

19. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Lockdown only works VS Terrans and Toss, Snipe works against anyone biological, they are both equally good skills it all depends on the situation really.

20. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I agree, I don't think lock down is comming back due to the fact that it would make the ghost way too unbalanced. Imagine a unit able to take down machinery AND biological units. Just like that zerg and protoss dead! Snipe > Biological, Lock down > Machinery.

Even though snipe is replacing lock down, they should make snipe passive. Why can't it?
    Yes, I know it is just a game and might me unbalanced.

Ghost: Wow look what I can do. *Shoots down zergling a mile away*
    Marine: LIKE OMG WOWZERS DO IT AGAIN.
    Ghost: Too lazy, wake me up when we get our nukes. *Gets loaded and falls down*

Seriously add a fourth option next time: I don't think lock down is coming back.