protoss needs a mech or titan too!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by zeratul11, Aug 27, 2007.

protoss needs a mech or titan too!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by zeratul11, Aug 27, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

im not talking about the colossus.

how i wish blizzard will add this to the protoss.

http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/view.pl?id=105342&genre=1

looks really protoss. the legs, the psi sword, the color.. it is protoss!

nice ei. protoss titan. love the artwork. ill call it protoss fedor. 8) they have giant statue on their homeland right? might as well make them alive. maybe at least in the campaign. the mothership is not enough. ^^

im going to post my artwork soon. its all about units(self made) that i wanna see in sc2. or il just make my own game with it. haha.

2. venado

venado New Member

Yes, a good idea... I have some Concepts that I wish to see in SC2... I'll post them too.

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

you could make your own mod with it: forumcraft

4. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I don't know.. Maybe in the game it would be good, but I can't imagine it yet

5. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

looks like the titan suit in jak 2 holding a sword...i never liked the titan suit

6. Add a Superunit for every race? Simply a retarded idea. Have you played AoM Titans (an expansion that ruined an awsome game).

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    What would you use it for? They have mecks they have melee units.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i have played AOM. no, it doesnt mean that if it is a titan then its a super unit. it will be just like an ultralisk or something. yes a tier 3 unit like the colossus.

but this guys is not only gta but also has ata attacks.

what would i use it for? to gather minerals.. hahah.

9. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I think that the colossus would be enough, however, I'm not sure that it's completely fair that the colossus can be hit by anti ground and anti air (but can only attack ground) while thor can be hit by anti ground (not anti air) AND can shoot at air.

I think that they should be a little more similar in this aspect. I would think they would be more balanced if the colossus couldn't be hit by anti air (missile turrets and the like). I think that would make the mech balance fine without adding an extra mech.

10. Skylark

Skylark New Member

Well, if we're talking super-units, doesn't the mothership count? The Terrans have the Thor, and...hmm...would the Zerg even have a super-unit? It seems like it would defeat the purpose of them being a "many small unit" army (ultralisks and whatnot aside, of course).

11. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Neither the Thor or Mothership are super units anymore. The thor was never even a super unit to begin with. I think they are tossing the idea of superunits out the window for now.

They really don't need a mech if you think about it, I mean you got zealots for melee that are very strong and like 9 feet tall and then you have dragoons for range attacks that are basically exoskeletons. That artwork however, does look alot like ethe protoss style. Instead of a huge sword though I think they would use more like a large psi blade on his arm/wrist similar to the zealots.

12. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

Also, there is a high templar mech (the colossus), maybe if the protoss do get one more it should be dark templar? Just a thought, trying to even it all out so that both side of this fictitious race are happy. No more protoss civil wars please.

13. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Think of it this way, the protoss dont see a need to recreate themselves in a larger form, they're not that vain. They simply make shit that works. Whether it looks like a robotic spider or it looks like a walking vegetable bulb so long as it kills shit effectively thats all that should matter. TBH I dont think that suits the toss at all.

14. Ych

Ych New Member

I personally think that the Protoss don't need anymore big Tier 3 units. They already have the Colossus, Mothership, Carriers, and Immortals as units that have tons of HP and are very hard to take out. Add in another one will most likely overlap the others one way or the other.

15. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

Dark templars are more cooler and will pwn that titan

16. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

That unit seems to be comparable to the Thor and thats a strong reason AGAINST it. As a model for the Editor: Really fine but It seems to me that the Protoss are pretty much complete espect maybe stasis orb/star relic wich still needs work in my humble opinion.

17. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    The Technology of the Dark Templar has already been implemented into maybe protoss units, such as the warp ray and dark dragoon which is basically a mech ( a mechanical exoskeleton or suit ).

However the collossus is more like a war machine than a conventional mech as it was developed from large construction/harvesting machines outfitted for war and is unamanned.

The dragoons in starcraft 2 such as the Immortal and Dark Dragoon are basically just as big as mechs if not bigger and walks with legs,etc and serves as a exoskeleton for the protoss. Just because it isn't in the design of a bipedal human doesn't make them less than a battle mech or exoskeleton for Protoss.

18. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I really think this is a good idea and it should be integrated into the game. If you are srious about this you could maybe send it to blizzard and see what they think. And no this would pwn the Dark Templar because it would be about 3 times its hight and 10 times the strength. AND maybe we could put the spirits of a High Templar instead of a regular Protoss into this behimoth I meen look at the psi lightning. What should it be called?

19. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    And no it is not a Bipedal human it is actually a protoss. God I wish Carlos Mensea was here right now look at the freikin legs! that is not human! that is Protoss even the hands are Protoss! And the Mother Ship sucks now and the Cruiser well we do not even have the Cruiser anymore all we got was that dumb Tempist and the Colosus is actually a freikin robot not a HT design anyways it was made in the Eons of strife the Kahala didn't exist back then! Also I think this unit is very unlike the Thor first off it is smaller seacond off it is gold and is run by the Psi Energys of the HT and third off it has absolutly no guns whatsoever and has a big sword I see no huge ass bombardment cannons on its back! And the sword is awsome to just because it isnt attatched to your arm does not meen it is a isnt psi blade. And I guarantee you the Zerg will have something huge up their sleeve just you wait.

20. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

Well you never had cruisers to begin with you had carriers, and also carriers are back anyway the replaced tempest.