Protoss Mothership idea

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by pajamasalad, Aug 14, 2007.

Protoss Mothership idea

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by pajamasalad, Aug 14, 2007.

1. pajamasalad

pajamasalad New Member

What if the mother ship had a bunch upgrades on it and that upgrading some would cancel out others. These upgrades could determine the mother ships strengths and weakness and make it a more versatile unit. I like the idea of the mother ship being able to take out small armies but if it does that I think it should have enough abilities and customization that it is like controlling an army. Well there are probably problems with my idea but I think it would be fun.

2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

the problem is it will not be fun if your gonna make decisions eliminating a skill made purposely for the mommaship.. i think to many skills is not fair for this unit, instead it should just stay the way it was introduced being a single super unit... heres my comparison table..

Before After
    -Super unit

3. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

sorry for that ive pressed tab so heres the continuation

before after
    -single production -mass production
    -super unit -arbiter parody
    -blackhole -no more holes
    -planetcracker -single ray planet cracker (cool)
    -timebomb -decrease AOE for timebomb (goodcall)

so all in all the mothership doesnt stand for what it name says so better help us blizz with this tnx ^_^

4. pajamasalad

pajamasalad New Member

ewww

They can be massed now?

5. thrif

thrif New Member

As much as any unit can while reflecting over the resources needed.

6. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    The problem with giving it lots of abilities to choose from is it becomes to remescent of a WC3 hero what the protoss need is a good super unit version of the Mothership that doesnt make people think of the heros from WC3.

P.S. I believe there is atleast 2 other threads to this sort of topic plz try and just continue those threads.

7. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

choose one but get rid of the other? it's been done

8. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    for me, the idea of a mothership or an ultimate unit for that matter, is a bit too much, even if the 3 races has one.

9. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I think it should stay as it is.

10. I would hate it if each of the three races got their own super-unit, it would be worse than the titans in AoM. The mothership should be good against ground units. I liked the blackhole ability (graphicly) and would like to see it implemented in some way in SC2.

11. Daduffian

Daduffian New Member

I think that they have entirely the wrong concept for the Mothership. I think they should merge the MS and the carrier. The Mothership should be like a super powerful carrier (that is very expensive but you can get more than one), with some cool new abilities. Some ideas for abilities:

Scatter Bomb: A heavy area affect ground attack with long cooldown.

Shield: Creates shield that prevents units (friendly or enemy) from entering or leaving a large area around the MS, or attacking units that are in that area. Units withing the shield cannot attack units outside the shield. The MS cannot move while using this ability.
    (The primary use of this ability would be to trap small numbers of enemy units within the shield where they cannot leave or get support, or provide a chance for your units to escape).

Warp: Allows the MS to instantly travel to any point within pylon power. However, this ability would take a few seconds to activate, so it would be inefficient for traveling short distances.

Docking Bay: 5 Pheonixes or 2 Warp-Rays could dock in the MS and be taken with a Warp.

Self-Destruct: The MS would self-destruct, destroying any air units in a wide range around the MS, and damaging ground units. This ability would take a short while to activate (maybe 7 seconds), so it would be hard to use on an already dying MS.

Some other ideas: The MS would be so expensive that it would be difficult to get more than 2 or 3. MS would be able to build Fighters (Anti-Air), Bombers (Anti-Ground), and (with upgrade) Interceptors (hits air and ground). MS would also not look like the retarded floating city. Something more like the Homeworld Mothership would be cooler: http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Homeworld/homeworld4.jpg.

This is very different from the Blizzard concept and I know that a lot of people wont like it, but I think it is a more interesting unit, and will be easier to make balanced so that it is a good unit without taking over the game.

12. Sagathox

Sagathox New Member

yeah right... that would be incredible imba! and on top of that you can build several of this mothercarriers? i think you need a new game my friend, id love that unit as a protoss user but hell, there is no way to counter that as for the original post, i dont like the idea of having to uprgade the mothership like that, the one they showed in the original demo is at least for me perfect.

13. Daduffian

Daduffian New Member

Yeah i might have gotten a little carried away. Maybe kill the ground attack or the shield. I was just posting random ideas i had for abilities, and all of them together might be a little crazy.

14. Sagathox

Sagathox New Member

yeah man i know, and as i mentioned before i would also love a mothership like that but lets face it, those damn blizzard devs wont give us something that powerfull, they should stop measing with peoples feelings lol.

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I think they should bring it back as the original. Nerf the BH a little and call it good no reason to ruin the whole unit because one ability is OP

16. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

I Hve an idea regarding in the Protoss Mothership, ithink why they dont try to put some additional ability of mothership to teleport in a short distance so in order for the mothership, to escape if ever he will turning to be weak in the battle well that is my idea :thumbup: OUT OF THE TOPIC: BirdofPrey, I just want to apologized for what my brother did,, hope you understand, that guy who powerdown you is my brother, anyway i sen you a PM, regards this, accident imbalanced, well i hope you understand that uhm but dont worry i already deleted his non sense point threads because im agreed that he took it from the oother website copy - paste, so sorry for that , just be calm okey,, im going to back your power level that he took from you without any clearly reason, just wait until 74, hours ok so i can be back your level, any way please reply to my post in PM, nice to see you, :powerup:,

from the real, Protosscommander

17. Daduffian

Daduffian New Member

Now that I think about it, it was kind of a pissy thing to do. I wasn't sure which one would get the most reads so I posted it on a few different ones. Sorry about that and I guess I understand why your brother did it.

18. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    The Mothership should stay as it was, being a superunit with the black hole and everything. I can't understand why Blizzard doesn't just increase its cost rather than to cripple it like hell.
    Imagine the case where you cast scanner sweep near your base and you happen to catch the mothership leaving the explored area towards your base. Thrilling ;)

ps This whole power level thing is starting to lose its purpose :-X

19. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I liked the old mothership with black hole, time bomb and planet cracker better than the new one.