Protoss ideeas

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Anubis_theDark, Sep 6, 2007.

Protoss ideeas

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Anubis_theDark, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

Hello. This is my first post, because actually i just registered on these forums. I'm a big fan of starcraft and the announcement of SC2 made me go insane of happynes :thumbup: . Looking at how the story evolved and how each specie gained some verry cool new units/structures i got some ideeas for the protoss. The first one is a new fast attack vehicle, the disruptor - should replace the soul hunter (it's more of a medium assault unit), it's hover and kinda fast and would be the protoss bigger answer to the incresed large units number such as thor or colossus but also against long range attack units such as the siege tank. The second is a structure- the flame of shakuras - it's an advanced defence structure - built in the adv construction que that has a larger range and damage than a phase cannon but needs more space and alot more resources - why a defence structure? - well according to the story the protoss retreated to shakuras and are now under a form of civil war, and with the increased threat of the terrans and the fear of a zerg ultimate attack they would create a powerfull defence structure to help them defend the remnants of their civilization. The third is a new model for the carrier - would replace the tempest but is stronger and keeps it's capital ship rank. The fourth is the new interceptor.

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Re: Potoss ideeas

Welcome to these my internets. I like the pictures but I am thinking the tower should be in DT grey since Shakuras is the DT homeworld. A flame of aiur would be gold though and would probably be more fitting since they would want somthing to represent their homeworld instead of thier new planet.

3. Gold

Gold New Member

i really like the carrier, i prefer it to the tempest model

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL

Nice. I like the drawings.

I don't see a real in-game application for the first two, but I like the skin of your Carrier design.

5. venado

venado New Member

The carrier looks great, its a good replacement for tempest.
    Welcome!

6. Anubis_theDark

Well the soul hunter sucks in design - it's a ripoff the necron destroyer but alot uglyer. It has no protoss look in him. And from what i've seen the protoss have only slow moving units - the stalker has the blink abillity but it's limited by energy and it's a light unit from what i've seen - so i think protoss army really needs a faster assault ground unit - the disruptor would fit this role but it's just an ideea - i doubt blizzard members even bother to look here so basicly all i did was to point some ideeas. As for the flame - i thought of aiur first but since it's in ruin and their new homeplanet is shakuras - well you get my point. Btw tks for the feedback.

7. b0urne

b0urne New Member

i like your interceptors. good artistic ability!

8. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space

I like the drawings but i would change the Disruptor to an air support unit with a Lockdown for buildings (organic or metallic) With a pulse (i am thinking an invisble pulse of powerful energy thats dirsupts electronics/psionics/nervous systems) attack that does alot of damge to units but has a longer cooldown. (This would be its primary attack so it couldnt attack buildings)

I Just think the protoss need another air unit and the drawing looks like it would make a good air unit. And if i have stolen someone elses idea i am sorry. (Im not sure if i remember reading something like this or whether it just popped into my head)

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona

It reminds me of a Scrin Devastator for some reason

10. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space

The only C&C i ahve played is generals and either way what difference does it make? It is a Protoss unit with an ability that was already in SC1 but just being applied to a different unit/building (there the same thing in the map editor) And if i seem a little harsh these comparrisons to other games is getting old. (ex.the Mothership and Banshee)

11. Anubis_theDark

Scrin devastator...ha ha ha ...dude that's the last thing i thought about when i draw the disruptor. As for another air unit - the protoss have enough air units that cover just about every attack, but they have a major weakness in fast attacks. If i was to make a comparation : they are like the star wars imperial walkers - slow movind devastating units that clear the battlefield cm by cm...but if you get that snowspeeder they get crippeld beyond repair - so the protoss need something to cover the fast attack, in order to be a good answer to those siege attacks and large units, because the units protoss have at this point move to slow and against a good attacker they get pounded - the soul hunter ideea was great but the unit's design suckt verry much. I'm not saying my design is revolutionary at all, just that there is need for a uniq in design fast assault unit for them.

12. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    That is some sweet Protoss art. We'd love to see more if you have any.

13. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I had an idea about the colossus acualy turning into a defenceve stucture. it would plant its feet and be coverd in rings making it imoble but increasing its damage. it still coudn't attack air and it wouldn't be able to retaliate. so you would still need phase cannons.

I like your carrier design and I do think they need some new intersepter with some abilitys. i mean do you think us carriers only cary one type of plane?

14. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Love your Carrier!!! and your Building!! love your Disruptor!!! and love your Interceptor!! great Drawings!!!! and welcome to the forums!!

15. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Shesh calm down MarineCorp. Well first off I really like your drawings accept for the flame of Shakuras Blizzard had already made one of those. You do not know what I am talking about? Well let me remind you. In the Protoss campaign in Broodwar on Shakuras there is a Xelnaga temple that the protoss use to kill every single zerg in the sector.

This WOULD be a very good idea in an EXTREAMLY late game thing if it wiped out all of your opponents in one fell swoop. This thing would have to be over 50,000 in recorces each and should have a start-up time like they had in the game of corse and it should be about 15 minutes and all the people in the game are notified. This I think is what the Flame of Shakuras/Aiur whater you deside should do. That is what it should do and not just be something like a super strong phase cannon but a huge pinnicle of Protoss power burning every single thing alive that stands in their path! But this would also be a great weakness because people WILL know if you have one and then nearly ALL of them will gang up on you so you become the center of atention and practically a huge bullseye.

16. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    So...you're basically saying an auto-win button?

17. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Exactly that but with an extreamly cool ending and cinematic (maybe that is up to Blizzard) but it shure in the F^$& would have a big bang in the end.

18. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Well...I personally highly dislike auto-win functions in games...all it does is create turtling and building up resources. It completely takes the strategy of a Real-Time Strategy game.

19. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I strongly agree with you and that is why I thought up the idea. It just isnt for kicks this stuff is some serious stuff.

20. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

But even if it is some major stuff...its still possible, which means still some intense turtling going on. I personally could shoot this thing down like Tom Cruise chasing a MIG, but you seem like a reasonable person. (and I just wanted to use that phrase hehe)