Protoss has too many lasers!!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by bigtymers69, Jun 26, 2007.

Protoss has too many lasers!!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by bigtymers69, Jun 26, 2007.

1. bigtymers69

bigtymers69 Guest

Don't you guys think that protoss has too many lasers in SC2?
    I thought protoss was more advanced in technology than humans.
    Their knowledge in time and space is beyond human.(They use psi disrupter, photons and warp)
    Why do they use lasers like humans(bc, wraith)? It's like terran using stone axe.
    Besides it's sick if you see too many lasers and we want variety of effects.
    I think lasers are enough for Warp rays but there are two more units using lasers!(Soul Hunter, Collosus)
    That's like too many! I think they should change effects of their weapons.
    It would be great if Soul Hunters burn enemies from range without firing anything
    just take a motion of soul draining and enemy starts to burn!
    also I miss the big ball like missile of dragoon T.T

2. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

i think we talked about this somewhere else. oh well

yes too many lasers. archons + laser = OMFG...!?

3. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

lolz archons dont shoot lasers they shoot psiconic lightning

4. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

We would be expecting the use of lasers or some sort of particle beam/plasma type weapon from such a highly technologically advanced race. What would you like them to shoot? Spines? Glave Wurms? DU shells? Though I do get the part of the lasers being way too repetitive in StarCraft 2, which brings about another question: Would the use of said lasers excessively by many units in StarCraft 2 lag the game?

5. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

the lasers are fine, stop complaining

6. bigtymers69

bigtymers69 Guest

I don't know lol. It's blizzard's job to think of other weapons. They should be more creative than right now.

7. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

indulge me with these weapons. ever seen Star Wars? what other weapons apart from lasers where there? besides, the only units with lasers in protoss, are colossus, phoenix, and mothership. and those lasers are psi energy

8. burkid

burkid New Member

yeah,lasers are the trademark of the protoss, complaining about it is like saying the zerg uses too many claws or the terrans use too many guns

9. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    haha i don't think the phoneix even have lasers. there are some sort of psi missle thingamabobs.

... and hey who said they are lasers? They could be some sophisticated protoss weapon that appears like lasers :p

yea definetly agree with that. it's futile to argue. the next thing you know, were complaining that they are using too much psi haha

10. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

You're right biggy! Though we have to remember that some things are subject to change.

11. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

damn.....
    archons + psionic lightning that looks like a squiggly laser = OMFG...!?

12. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

QUIT complaining in vain,for nothing etc etc geez...

13. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

why not :p

14. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

I think people are allowed to express their concern, big's concern is that he finds Protoss units to be using lasers repetitvely. I mean it's StarCraft 2 and we have waited a decade for this, don't we deserve to see a diverse assortment for the Protoss arsenal?

15. burkid

burkid New Member

the colossus shoots red lasers, the sould hunter shoots green lasers, the warp reay shoots blue lasers, the ms, stalker, pheonix shoot blue laser-missles... so they use alot of lasers, so what, they also talk with their heads, but no one is complaining about that.

16. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Just something I said in an earlier post, however I would like to defend big's opinion.

17. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Ok, listen up. The Protoss use mainly PHOTON weaponry. PHOTONS are LIGHT PARTICLES. LASER is concentrated LIGHT. SO YES, the Protoss ARE using LAZERz and many of THEM. BESIDES, who doesn't like LAZERz? :thumbup:

Ok, i really don't wanna be an ass, but the weapons in SW is mostly blasters, which i think differ themselves from lasers in some way. Although, aside from SW: Kotor i'm not very "into" Star Wars, so i could be wrong, and you could be right. But i believe Blasters and Lazserz (excuse the spelling, i won't correct it because i think it looks cute) aren't the same thing. Blasters may be "concentrated heat?", but what do i know? Can't say i like Star Wars or know much about it, except SW: Kotor then which i already mentioned (p.s Revan is teh shit) :p

18. Dxun

Dxun New Member

if i may shed some light...(heh)in Star wars the Blaster projectiles are bolts of plasma, in star trek they use Phasers but are the same thing as lasers.. IE Beam of light (see colossus) so a laser wouldn't be in bursts

19. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    In conclusion, who gives a damn if they use soo many laser weapons. What do u want ffrom them? Balls of photons that explodes into acidic green goo that eventually turns into shrapnel which would morph into a red light phenomenon which creates a epic-like explosion that does 15 damage?

Its like telling the zerg to stop using their claws and headbutt everyone. ^_^

20. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Sounds exactly like some crap George Lucas would implement into a game if he ever made one (praise god he doesn't do games)...