Protoss Contego

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Nov 3, 2007.

Protoss Contego

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    -Protoss Contego

-Statistics
    Name: Contego
    Hit points: 50 (+Forge)
    Motion Shield: 100 (+Forge)
    Titan Shield: 300 (+Takes less damage)
    Energy: 200 (+50 - Upgrade)
    Cost: 150 Crystal, 100 Gas
    Built: Robotics Facility
    Unit type: Dragoon

-Abilitys

-Modes-
    The Protoss Contego has two modes, Motion and Titan, in Motion mode the Contego will be able to cast a area of effect spell on a given area that will increase the regenerative abilities of units inside the area of effect, this ability cost 50 energy. In Titan mode the Contego will get into a siege position and will be unable to move, during this mode the Contego will lose the ability to cast the shield regeneration spell and will have a new spell, Shield Burst. When using Shield burst the Contego's shield will start to grow in size and attacks against it will do less damage due to the Contego's energy all being diverted to this shield, This shield acts as a one way shield only allowing allied units into it and other units will be forced to attack this shield doing less damage in order to get to the units inside of the shield or behind it, this could be used to block small canyons and paths. After the shield is broken this unit will lose all power and will take a moment to regenerate the ability to switch to Motion mode. Titan mode will have to be researched at the Twilight Council.

-Look

The Protoss Contego will have a similar look to the Stalker only it will be golden with panels similar to the phase prisms style decorating the Contego's exterior, when it Titan mode the Contego will get into a siege like mode and these panels will glow bright, as the shield energy is being depleted the Contego's panels will slowly lose there brightness and when the shield is broken be much darker then motion mode.

[img width=194 height=200]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9314/contegoaq0.png[/img]
    Similar to this without the weapon on top, and with the Panels.

-Notes

This unit has no normal attack, and the shield only covers ground units up the colossus, allied units can fire out of the shield, The Titan shield mode will degenerate at the same rate as normal shields regenerate when not being hit, when being hit by enemy fire the shield will only degenerate with enemy fire.

Please provide input.

2. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Great idea! but it might take over the role of the Immortal and but it is a great idea! :powerup: for you! you have done a great job!

edit: i realized that the drawing was Anubis' but it was a great idea

3. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    thanks, i was thinking for the titan mode maybe the legs lower them selfs and latch onto the ground. the drawing he had was a new addition to the reaver i just thought it might look good for the Contego, i asked him to make one for the Contego.

I dont think it would take on the role of the Immortal, it is very fragile when not in titan mode, maybe make the shields less when in motion. The immortal is a movable tank, this is more stationary and also helps with regenerating troops.

4. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

As i said a few days ago i like this ideea so probably i will make a future post tomorrow or so with a possible aspect of the contago in bouth mods.

5. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

OMG! Great minds think alike! I was bored the other day in class and my mind drifted off into nowhere. I stated thinking about the Reaver, and a replacement that would act as support to replace the Statis Orb.

Guess what two of its abilities were? One was an auto cast shield heal sorta thing and the other was an AOE shield that overlapped with affected units' shields. The third was offensive however. Perhaps I will post my idea, and between the two an amazing unit will be born that Blizzard cannot refuse!

6. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    lol, i thought it would be funny to block a zergling rush and see them all pound against the shield.

7. cohnee

cohnee New Member

Interesting idea. Perhaps this unit could be merged with the stasis orb.

8. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

from what it sounds like, this unit u made is nothing more then the New terran Nomad. Hum i think i'll go with the Nomad. But i like that Drawing man its something new and looks down right sweet!

9. ekulio

ekulio New Member

I think it looks like a flea with a gun...

The first concept is too much like the Nomad. The second concept is prone to abuse since players will probably cluster them close together so their shields overlap and units inside are invincible.

10. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i agree with above, that would suck, i always used that in star wars battleground when playing gungans, never got defeated, only played 8 times with gungans though

11. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

There could be some kind of a limit to the number those shields can overlap, like 3 or 5. That would stop players from abusing the ability.

12. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

Thats a very well thought out unit concept. Your sketch looks alot like a reaver with long legs anda cannon on its back. ;)

Also you need to consider that the Contego should be vulnerable to enemy fire even when it is creating the shield.

13. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Hmm, this unit looks quite a lot like the one I came up with a while ago.
    (http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/index.php?topic=4090.0

Did you overlook my idea or do we just have the same genious thoughts? :-\

edit: omg, you even replied to it with things you are posting here now. You are idea stealing, arn't you? :mad:

Anyways, it doesn't matter that much, my idea kinda died some time ago, so maybe we can merge them?

14. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

lol looks like a protoss version of overlord. Still, good job

15. Ichirin

Ichirin New Member

Mmm... a mobile shield? Thats a brilliant idea!

The design is very nice aswell, looking like a dragoon/reaver. May I suggest much bigger legs (like the dragoon's) and instead of the gun on-top, there would be somekind of shield generator?

[img width=194 height=199]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3192/contegokt1.jpg[/img]

16. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    i was just thinking without the weapon.