Protoss and Terran early game- The tables have turned.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Meloku, Jan 24, 2008.

Protoss and Terran early game- The tables have turned.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Meloku, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Meloku

Meloku New Member

Early game, it used to be that terrans took a ton of micro to survive, where as protoss could simply put out a few zealots or cannons and barely had to micro.

Now, with the new force field ability, it looks like the protoss will be very micro intensive early game. Looks like blizz is not sticking to the original starcraft, and is giving us a new game indeed. (Which could be really good or really bad)

what are your guys thoughts?

2. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

Excuse me? Do you even play toss? Toss had to get a crapload of minerals incoming while putting out enough defenses to counter a push early game. Terrans had to build bunkers with supply depots in front. This could usually be accomplished well before a rush came unless the toss turned insanely aggressive. Ie: Building the gateway closer to the terran base allowed less time between "waves". None of that is heavy micro. Its like you took some rumors and made them into "fact".

3. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Acebear read his post again. Anyway...

Protoss will still have a relitivly smooth time on those few early minutes of the game where Terran rush to complete base defenses and Zerg are recovering from an early Zergling rush or trying to expand.

Seems now Protoss will be even safer since these Nullifers can stop things like Lurkers in their tracks giving them enough time to bring an observer to the location. Also Zlot rushes will be more potent with the force field ability as it can seperate enemy forces, so beware.
    But with Terran getting things like Reapers and Vikings early game Protoss won't be able to go on that aggressive attack spree as they could because a Zealotless base early game is a vulnrable one since these units can evade the primary defenses.

Terran may have a slight challenge tho, I was watching a vidoe the other day and I gathered information that the AA Turrets may not detec anymore as when the Banshees attacked the other Terran base Dustin said something along the lines of:
    ''Now these cloaked banshees will come under heavy fire due to the sensor towers around the turrets and now they are taking heavy casualties and are forced to retreat...''
    So now this may mean they have to juggle between detectors and AA defense.

4. Rex

Rex New Member

Wow I have owned the Protoss many times with Zerg, and you really need to go to a doctor, Protoss don't exist, and your not one. If you are destroy the Earth RIGHT NOW so I may see the Protoss's power.

Meloku thats very true, but it is sometimes hard when you need to focus on building up troops, and you don't really have time to micro until late in the game. Terrans also have their advantages, like range, and it can shoot air. Oh and don't forget stim.

5. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I do see that protoss are going to need more micro in sc2 with the new nullifier. Terrans seem somewhat the same as before, seeing as the marine will be the basic attack unit early game.

6. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

We dont know where the marauder is built and how early will the final version of the reaper be available.

We also have no idea about the zerg replacement for the hydralisk and if it will remain the same or it will be different units like dragoon > immortal + stalker.

Keep in mind, this isnt warcraft3, so teching from tier 1 to tier 2 can be done quite fast. Think terran mech assault, supply depot > barracks > ref > factory, you could easily have a vulture by the time a protoss zealot reaches your base.

7. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    DKrutovsky about the last part that isnt posible, but you can block you choke, so the point is the same.

8. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Its almost true, its like a 30 sec after the zealot reaches your base your factory is done.

By the time they send 1 dragoon you can easily have several vultures, or 1 tank

9. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    yes 30 seconds, thats much... I could kill some minersin 30 sec if you dont block.

10. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    30 seconds in sc is a long time, and a lot can be done within those few 30 seconds to shift the game in your favour.

11. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

I hope that the protoss dont need much micro this time around. I dont really like micro, which is why i use toss, and i hope it doesnt change.

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The game is very micro-centric though. You can't really get away from it

13. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

yeah...i try, but then again, thats part of the game

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i think micro is actually a bad term, there are too many variants on it

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Even if players do micro you can still not use micro and play effectivly.

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Weather you ralise it or not you are always doing micro. Something as simple as focusing fire on a single target is micromanagement.

17. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I think they meant handling each unit, sending them to different directions, and stuff like this.

18. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    No, micromanagment is controling each units for their best use. WHich also means focus fire